Liking my GX1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by mannukiddo, Aug 15, 2013.

1. mannukiddo

mannukiddo Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    I took my GX1 to a holiday at Kerala and boy was I pleased with its results. Now I am looking for my 45-150 which should be delivered to me by the end of the month.

Here is an image I took from the ferry ride from Vypeen to Ernakulam.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. scotttnz

scotttnz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    That's a great shot!

The GX1 is very capable.
  3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    It's a great little camera. I have the G5 as well, and they really seem to compliment each other. The GX1 is what I take with me all the time, usually with the 20mm lens attached. It's easy to fit into a bag or cargo pocket, and if you're walking down the street holding it no one pays much attention.
  4. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    I agree, after the G3 and GF3 which I was never totally happy with, the GX1 seems great and in no real rush to upgrade it. Small, well built with enough manual control. The only thing that would be a nice to have would be OMD style IBIS, may buy an EP5/6 or the next OMD when they eventually drop in price.
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    That is one killer shot! :thumbup:
  6. BLT

BLT Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    :Welcome: to the M43 camera gang.

The GX1 must be one of the best camera deals around right now. Congratulations. I hope you have fun using it.

Oh . . . . . Nice Shot too!
  7. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Nice shot!

I've not been shy about singing the praises of the GX1, even at $400-500 each, but for $2-300 it's just a fantastic camera. [I also realize it's not everyone's cup of tea.]

I'll stick my neck out and guess that in the future people will still like the GX1, and will also look back and think it was/is a good camera. The build quality is one of the things that make it more pleasurable to use.

Maybe the GX7 will be as good or better than the GX1, particularly if they drop to $300-ish someday, and I'm sure Olympus had a model or two that has serious fans too (OMD?).

A great time to be a m4/3 fan.
  8. Mikros

Mikros Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Yep, I'm with you guys.

Got mine couple of weeks ago (thanks Rick :thumbup:) fitted with Oly 14-42 MkI and LVF-2.

Few days later I bought P45-200 (love shooting long telephoto) and from my film days I kept a excellent copy of Soviet made Helios 58/2 M-44-4.

The P20/1.7 and Marumi polarizer is on post delivery truck :2thumbs: and I will most likely sell Oly lens and get P14-45 instead. That should start me allright in MFT world.

I don't have any decent shots worth posting here yet, still playing with it, snapping mundane scenes in various light conditions, customizing menus, fiddling with noise reduction settings etc.

Love GX-1 so far, the LVF-2 is just bloody fantastic, manually focusing the Helios is a breeze. Feels very solid, really nice camera. My only little nitpick is lack of inbuilt ND filter when even some compact P&S's have it nowadays.

Definitely a keeper.

9. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    That shot is amazing! Great job...