1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightzone test

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by pete, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Just testing out the newest version of lightzone...this is my first time on this so be nice :)

lightzone_test.

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    What were you actually trying to achieve? The only comment I can make is that the fence is a sort of barrier to me, a metaphorical barrier that prevents me from entering the rest of the photo. Removing the fence opens up the scene and invites me to walk down the pathway and look around. The wider perspective is also more inviting and balanced.

Cheers

Ray

3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Hi OZ and thanks. Im not really sure what I was trying to achieve. the shot looked right for me with the fence in foreground.

sorry you feel locked out of the scene, I suppose I dont feel that way...but thats me...I dont make sense even to me at times

thanks for comments,

Pete

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    That's OK, one man's cheese is another's rotten milk, but crop the fence out of the shot and see how you feel.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  5. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    A good call Oz and I finally see your point. I suppose I was trying to be different. but sometimes that does not work.

thanks for comments....

Pete

ranch_in_b_and_w_cropped.JPG

what you think now?

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I like it, but do you?

Cheers

Ray

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I like the fence in the original, but perhaps it is a little overpowering, try including just the top two or three rungs?

Lightzone has so much potential for B&W... Pete, if you e-mail me the original I'll send you a lightzone stack with some ideas :smile:

Cheers

Brian