1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lightzone Attempt

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Maczero, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Fife
    I have come back to trying things out with LightZone, which I purchased a few months ago and then got muddled with and put aside. I think that it is the various blending options and what they do that confuse me and i tend to blunder through those.

Anyway, picked it up again and had a go see what I could do with this GF1/20mm image from Verona. It was a rather speculative shot of the patterns made by the cobbles. The bright rubbish caught in the cracks were a happy accident and help make the image work.

Converted from Raw in LZ:

P1010044_lzn.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tips and hints always welcome. Thank you for looking.

Andrew

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Andrew, I have only the slightest experience with Lightzone, but I think your photograph looks great. That green bit is very iridescent and the stones almost look as though they're made of coal! The greys look grey and the blacks look black. The pattern created, etc., all works very well together.

3. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Love it! I don't see any reason to go tampering with it : )

-Gary

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Great job Andrew, have you considered joining our Lightzone contest this month?

Cheers

Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.