Lightroom3 and Me..Fun with RAW ;)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Ok RAW gurus ..Lets see If I have done a good job or not . As you all know , we Oly shooters always love our OOC JPEGS but RAW is still fun. This is my first fun with RAW editing using lightroom3 so All RAW gurus are welcome to comment and suggest .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P8113226.

P8113277.

P8113278.

P8113217.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great colors, nice and sharp. The last one is a bit dark, but overall I'd say well done!

3. Bhupinder2002

Thanks .I did feel last one is a bit dark.
    Cheers

4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Don't think I'd want either one of those birds raw, Bhup. Probably taste a bit gamey unless they were slathered with sauce and slapped onto the bar-B for a bit -- after the feathers were removed, o'course. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Hey, just a thought: why don't you go straight away to Lightroom 4 instead of LR3? LR4 is has a different handling of tone adjustments (exposure, blacks, whites etc.) and has a lot more to offer in terms of functionality. When you switch later, you'd have to get used to LR4, might as well do that now.

Personally I've never been impressed with LR3, I preferred Camera Raw with Photoshop, but I bought LR4 within a day or 2 after having installed the trial and I am still excited about what it can do.

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Have you used the clone/heal tool? With a little bit of work, you should be able to remove the chain link fence in that first shot.

Show it to us when you finish around October :rofl:

7. Bhupinder2002

Hi Bill
    Thanks for the suggestion , I would rather depend on my surgical skills rather than lightroom then ..lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Cheers