1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lightroom Recovery story

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by WT21, Oct 25, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The other day, I was trying to do some large scale adjustments in Lightroom and stupidly applied "auto tone" to my entire library! Found out a little too late, and was unable to undo it.

Was feeling pretty dumb about that, and frustrated, but I came across this little bit: How do I restore a Lightroom backup? | The Lightroom Queen

By opening my last catalog backup, I wiped out "auto tone" from all my pictures! There were some additions I had made since my last backup, so I had to "synchronize" all my folders to incorporate the new pictures, but that just takes a few seconds to bring in the pictures I had added previously. Photoshop Lightroom

Lovin the backup!

• Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Good to know - thanks!

3. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Hi,

Lightroom keep tracks of the changes, unless you deliberately clear all the history. If you are in develop module, theres a history panel there, and you can rollback your changes.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    On an image-by-image basis. Not for the entire library. Plus, by restoring the catalog from backup, I removed the "autotone" completely from the history.