1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lightroom profile

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by judywisconsin, Jun 9, 2016.

1. judywisconsin

judywisconsin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I'm learning, day by day. I was watching a video today that reminded me to check in on Lightroom for an Olympus camera profile. I couldn't find one. Am I not looking in the right place, or is there none? Same goes for lens calibration. I didn't see that Olympus (nor Panasonic) were offered as a brand-choice. Anyone out there know anything about this? Thanks.

2. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    There is neither in Lightroom. You can make or buy profiles such as Huelight.

3. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    For regular m43 lenses, the profile is built into the raw file, and applied automatically by Lightroom. (Some lenses have pretty serious distortion that is designed to be fixed automatically by the raw converter.) Under the lens correction section, you'll see a note "Built in lens profile applied."

Olympus bodies now have "Camera" profiles. Panasonic do not (and I do highly recommend spending a few dollars for Huelight. I much preferred those colors to the built in.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Which version of Lightroom or RAW has Olympus profiles? I have Lightroom 6.5 at home and CC at the office, yet no Olympus profiles. I may not have the latest CC version or it would have to be very new RAW 9.6.

5. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    There are camera profiles for at least some Olympus cameras in Lightroom, and they have been there for the last 2 versions (5 and 6) at least, perhaps even back to some time with version 4. I have been using them with my E-M5 and E-M1 since they were introduced.

These profiles are camera specific so while I know they are there for the E-M1 and E-M5 and they are also there for my old E-P3 which I no longer own. I can't promise there are profiles for other Olympus cameras but I think there's a good chance that there will be if a profile was developed for the E-P3. There are 4 profiles for both of my cameras. They are Camera Muted, Camera Natural, Camera Portrait, and Camera Vivid.

You can access them in the Camera Calibration pane where there is a drop down menu. The default choice is Adobe Standard which is probably what is going to be showing if you are unaware of them.

They will not be a perfect match for the in-camera modes with the same name so don't expect them to replicate the colour result you get from Olympus Viewer if you have been using that. These profiles were developed by Adobe, not Olympus.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    I can recommend the huelight profiles - although mine were a slight pain to install in the right location. They work way better than the Adobe creations and better than my own attempts!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

7. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Other people have answered, but as this seems to cause quite a bit of confusion I thought it might be worth posting screenshots. These are from the Develop module in Lightroom 6.0 and the camera used was the E-M10.

First the camera profiles in the Camera Calibration section. Adobe Standard is used by default. The four named "Camera ... " are the profiles provided by Adobe for this specific camera - you could easily never realise they are there if you don't go looking for them. I also purchased Huelight profiles so they also show up. I bought them before Adobe made their profiles available, but I find I sometimes prefer the Huelight results so I keep them installed.
    sshot1.

And the lens profiles: as stated above you don't get a choice here, Adobe simply informs you that the profile in the raw file has been applied. As you can see in this example, this applies to Panasonic as well as Olympus lenses.
    sshot2.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    You guys are absolutely correct - I'd forgotten that Adobe added Olympus profiles back in 2013.

9. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Also you can use lens profiles, even though none are for Olympus or Panasonic. I use a Samyang fisheye profile to defish images shot with my Olympus fisheye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Right - I commonly use the Voigtlander 17(?)mm profile for straightening lines with the Oly 17mm f2.8.

11. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    I will second that, but prefer the Nikon 10,5mm profile for the 9mm BCL. :)

• Like Like x 2