Lightroom - No Panasonic Lens Profiles?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DigitalD, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Is it me or am I missing something. LR has preset lens corrections for many many lenses. Even Voightlander and SLR Magic. Where are the Panasonic ones? Is there someplace to get them? :dash2:

2. They are embedded in the raw files and applied by Lightroom/ACR upon import.

3. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
  4. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    You get automatic correction, but you don't get profiles that approximate the various in-camera jpg profiles, unfortunately.

I believe huelight has some good ones, and Ps kiss as well, but they are not the same, and the do cost a few bucks each.

5. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Thanks guys. I figured as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Turns out I am. Good deal... :D

6. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Oops I was thinking of camera profiles when I replied...

7. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA
    Bob
    My experience has been DxO Optics Pro and Capture One Pro do a better job with the "auto" lens correction (however that process works interpreting the built-in software information) than Lightroom/ACR. And the Elite version of DxO gives you quick access to DxO ViewPoint for additional manual changes wanted.

8. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    I haven't messed with DxO much, mostly because I use all the Adobe products for work. But lately I have been looking to branch out and try other software to see if I like something else better. DxO has been high on my list.