Lightroom - No Panasonic Lens Profiles?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DigitalD, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Is it me or am I missing something. LR has preset lens corrections for many many lenses. Even Voightlander and SLR Magic. Where are the Panasonic ones? Is there someplace to get them? :dash2:

2. They are embedded in the raw files and applied by Lightroom/ACR upon import.

3. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
  4. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    You get automatic correction, but you don't get profiles that approximate the various in-camera jpg profiles, unfortunately.

I believe huelight has some good ones, and Ps kiss as well, but they are not the same, and the do cost a few bucks each.

5. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Thanks guys. I figured as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Turns out I am. Good deal... :D

6. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Oops I was thinking of camera profiles when I replied...

7. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA
    Bob
    My experience has been DxO Optics Pro and Capture One Pro do a better job with the "auto" lens correction (however that process works interpreting the built-in software information) than Lightroom/ACR. And the Elite version of DxO gives you quick access to DxO ViewPoint for additional manual changes wanted.

8. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    I haven't messed with DxO much, mostly because I use all the Adobe products for work. But lately I have been looking to branch out and try other software to see if I like something else better. DxO has been high on my list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.