1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lightroom - cant see thumbnails on card.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by e.besana, Oct 21, 2010.

1. e.besana

e.besana Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Tarrytown, NY
    Hi all,

Not a m43 question but I'm confident that someone here will have the answer!

I'm having trouble with Lightroom/Camera. When I plug my Canon T1i into my computer and open Lightroom to import images, I can't see the thumbnails of the images on the card. All I see are the filenames. This problem occurs when I shoot RAW, RAW+JPEG, or JPEG. It seems to be camera specific because I don't have this problem with my other cameras.

Once the files have been imported and copied I don't have any thumbnail issues but I'd like to select the images before I import.

Thanks -EB

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Did you try putting the files on the desktop and then importing?
    Try using a card reader....

3. e.besana

e.besana Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Tarrytown, NY
    Hey Streetshooter,
    Yeah I tried that thinking there might be problem with the card. I see the thumbnails just fine when I plug the card into a card reader or put the files on the desktop.

Do you recommend not importing directly from the camera?
    Thanks -EB

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    EB.... Yes use a card reader always
    Open a folder on the desktop, name it raw...
    Transfer the files from the card to this folder....
    Import to LR from this folder....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.