lightroom camera & lense profile

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by wzfoto, Jul 24, 2012.

1. wzfoto

wzfoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I am using LR 3.6, and there is no camera nor lens profile support for any of the panasonic cameras/lens. I typically use it to automatically correct distortions for my other camera/lens combos. Any ideas? I can't upgrade to LR4 because it doesn't run on windows xp, which is what I am using.

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    All m43 lenses from Olympus and Panasonic have lens correction data built in, that information is encoded in the raw file, and LR automatically applies it. So you dn't need any separate profiles like you do with most other brands. When using Panasonic lenses on Panasonic bodies, that data includes CA correction as well as distortion. Olympus bodies and lenses only understand the distortion correction, and no CA correction data is passed to Lightroom if any Olympus gear is in the chain.

If you're using 3rd party lenses, such as those from Sigma, Rokinon, and others, you'll have to do your own distortion correction, unless the manufacturer supplies profiles. I'm not aware of any that do.

As far as camera profiles, Lightroom has a standard profile for each camera which is automatically applied. Adobe has not created any alternate profiles as they have for some Nikon and Canon cameras. You can create your own and save them as presets, and if you hunt around on the internet you may find a few that others have created.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeicaLook

LeicaLook New to Mu-43

Jul 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Any tips on creating a correction profile for some legacy lenses in Lightroom? Is there some sort of chart I should be looking for maybe? Thanks in advance!

4. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    There is an adobe program you can use to create new lens profiles found here:

Adobe Lens Profile Creator - Adobe Labs

Edit: I've looked at it and it seems like a lot of work? Most of my legacy glass has very little distortion that I'm aware of. The main issue is generally correcting CA, which is easy to do in Lightroom

5. LeicaLook

LeicaLook New to Mu-43

Jul 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I just found that too. Thanks a lot. I converted an old Yashica rangefinder lens, 45mm 1.7 and want to optimize the image quality from it.