1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom Camera & Lens Profiles for GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by SC489, Oct 13, 2014.

1. SC489

SC489 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 2, 2014
    I'm trying out various programs for RAW processing using my new Lumix GX7. I quite like DXO Optics Pro 9 due to the camera and lens profiles for my equipment. However, it has limited functionality compared to Lightroom 5.6 which I'm also trying.

I note the resources folder for Lightroom contains the file Panasonic DMC-GX7 Adobe Standard.dcp which appears to support the GX7. However, the Adobe folder does not contain any lens profiles for my Panasonic or Olympus lenses.

Does Lightroom correct aberrations in these lenses in a similar fashion to DXO Optics Pro without me having to do anything? If I need a Lightroom lens profiles for Panasonic & Olympus lenses, where do I find these since they do not appear to be installed by Lightroom 5.6?

There is a workaround to do the lens corrections in DXO Optics Pro then export the image to Lightroom.

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I'm fairly sure the camera and lens corrections are baked into the RAW files, so converting them in Lightroom is seamless and doesn't require you to do anything. That's the case with my GX1, I don't imagine the GX7 would be different, but I don't know for sure.

3. hemuni

hemuni Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    Does light room contain profiles for any other camera's and lenses?

4. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Lightroom does have profiles for a range of lenses, but cameras are limited to IPhones, GoPro and such specialized models, presumably which have no RAW options.

5. kelly200269

kelly200269 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 25, 2013
    Leyland, Lancashire
    Martin Kelly
    This is incorrect. Adobe LR contains camera/lens profiles for a wide range of models, and the GX7 should be accommodated for in LR5, with the corresponding version of Adobe Camera RAW (ACR).
    Working with LR or DxO Optics in this way will allow you to process RAW files, including lens corrections with your MFT kit. Unlike DSLR lenses, MFT lenses have a relatively massive amount of distortion which is corrected in-camera when the RAW file is processed into JPEG by the camera. By using LR or DxO Optics, it allows you to process RAW files appropriately, whilst also being able to correct for lens distortions etc.
    Enjoy! :)

6. SC489

SC489 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kelly200269

kelly200269 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 25, 2013
    Leyland, Lancashire
    Martin Kelly
    I know, it does it very subtly, with the lens correction menu quite easy to miss. But effective nevertheless :)

8. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    The GX7 and other cameras are absolutely supported, but as an earlier poster stated, this is handled behind the scenes and is not something you manually select from the Profiles menu.

9. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I found it disappointing that LR has only one camera profile for GX7, whereas for my previous Canon DSLR it had 6 camera profiles; Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, etc

I have resorted to buying Huelight camera profiles so I have a selection.