Lightroom and Nik software: my first B & W

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey I got Lightroom and the Nik plugin software!! The Nik software is so unbelievable, bit more than my normal editor ' iphoto '. I know this is probably the wrong spot to put it because the thread is ' 20mm B&W ' because i took this with the 45-200mm. The focal length of 109 and f 4.8. The iso at 160.

This is my first lightroom edited image converted to B&W in Silver effex.

Let me know if it is good or bad. Is there a way to actually to leave colour in the stem of the seed flower and change the rest to black and white? I reckon that would change it considerably and draw the eye towards the centre of the image even more.

Anyway too late, should be off. You can certainly spend a lot of time in LR:smile:

Thanks,
Brady

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi Brady

iPhoto is great in so many ways, but Lightroom is a huge step up - and I love the plugin too.

Yes, you can play with the image and be selective about colour and BW. It's not too complex either. I suggest a good LR book (authors such as Kelby and Evening have good ones), but in the meantime, play around on this blog - some great stuff:

http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I'm glad we all have different opinions. To me, #3 really grabs me the most. There is a good bit going on in the photo to keep me interested. The sailboats in the background..the tree in front, the sailboat on the right...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom