Lightroom and Nik software: my first B & W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Iconindustries, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

P1000859-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.

Hey I got Lightroom and the Nik plugin software!! The Nik software is so unbelievable, bit more than my normal editor ' iphoto '. I know this is probably the wrong spot to put it because the thread is ' 20mm B&W ' because i took this with the 45-200mm. The focal length of 109 and f 4.8. The iso at 160.

This is my first lightroom edited image converted to B&W in Silver effex.

Let me know if it is good or bad. Is there a way to actually to leave colour in the stem of the seed flower and change the rest to black and white? I reckon that would change it considerably and draw the eye towards the centre of the image even more.

Anyway too late, should be off. You can certainly spend a lot of time in LR:smile:

Thanks,
    Brady

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Niiiice one Brady!

3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Brady

iPhoto is great in so many ways, but Lightroom is a huge step up - and I love the plugin too.

Yes, you can play with the image and be selective about colour and BW. It's not too complex either. I suggest a good LR book (authors such as Kelby and Evening have good ones), but in the meantime, play around on this blog - some great stuff:

http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/

• Like Like x 3
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'm glad we all have different opinions. To me, #3 really grabs me the most. There is a good bit going on in the photo to keep me interested. The sailboats in the background..the tree in front, the sailboat on the right...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.