Lightroom 5 Beta is Awesome

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by MAubrey, Apr 30, 2013.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    So, I'm loving the next cloning/healing brush feature. It has made possible fixes that I never would have been able to do before.

Check it out:

It isn't perfect, but it definitely looks better than the red streak of flare!
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Looks promising.

I'm most curious to see if they have improved their shadow and highlight recovery algorithms. The improvement in LR4 from LR3 in that regard was phenomenal.
  3. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Definitely better. I want to be able to try this to remove some scratches from an aquarium shot of a gator photo I have but would need to update my Mac OS first. :(
  4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Ohhhhh, I told myself I would not upgrade LR till I learn 4.4 more thoroughly ... and finish reading all my LR4 books. Must resist! :biggrin:
  5. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    The word from Jeff Schewe on the Luminous Landscape Lightroom forum is that all of the processing algorithms are unchanged. They just added some new features but all processing is unchanged. It still uses Process Version 2012 like the existing version.

At least that means that twokatmew can still use all her LR4 books and so can I. As for upgrading, I think "Resistance is futile" as the saying goes but I'm going to wait for the final release rather than playing around with the beta.