1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 5.3 Release Candidate (Full E-M1 Support)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by bcaslis, Nov 8, 2013.

1. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    • Like Like x 6
  2. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Let us know how it looks Brian. Hoping to hear good things.
    Rich

3. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    First impression is that the colors are much better than 5.2 but nowhere near as good as the OOC JPEGs. I tried making a color calibrated profile from x-rite colorchecker passport and 5.3 RC will read it which 5.2 would not. But the colors with this profile are pretty bad. blues and reds are exaggerated. I've seen the blue exaggeration with other cameras and colorchecker but not the red. So better but starting to think I may need to continue with JPEG+RAW shooting.

4. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Don't worry there may be a solution to the bad colors on the horizon :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Best news I've heard. Your E-M5 profiles are the best I've seen. As soon as yours are ready, I'm ready to buy!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    +1

7. As much as I like Lightroom, if I had an E-M1 I'd be taking the opportunity to give Olympus Viewer 3 a try so that I could test out the "3d sharpening" feature on raw files.

8. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Looking forward to your release.
    RA

9. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I agree with you. In fact, I really dont think the colors are that much better than in 5.2. It is the reds I have most problem with because it effects skin tones which are noiticably over pink.

Edit. I found the colorchecker profile resolved the issues.

10. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Nic,
    Where can I learn more about this? I can't seem to locate any info?
    Thanks,
    Rich

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's meant to be built-in to the Image Processor in the E-M1 and similarly is available in OV3. As I understand it it is an "intelligent" sharpening that evaluates a scene and sharpens what is in focus and doesn't sharpen what isn't. When I went to a presentation on the E-M1 at a local camera store it was the number one feature that the Olympus reps talked about, but not having tried it myself I don't know if it is really all that more advanced than using the sharpening masking in Adobe software.

• Like Like x 2
  12. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I had heard about the "intelligent" sharpening that was enable with the E-M1 image processor. I did some searching through the OV3 help files and there was no reference that I found. I am stumbling through the OV3 workflow still.
    Rich

13. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    If anybody can help I am looking for some sample E-M1 RAW files of landscapes, portraits also anything with vibrant colors to refine my Huelight camera profiles for ACR 8.3 & LR 5.3.

If you can help please PM me here, Thanks!

14. tetraphoenix

tetraphoenix Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    I will have to check into olympus software since I don't like what I see in lr5.2
    I am curious about huelight now...

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

15. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Finding the 5.3 RC much better than 5.2. Thanks Brian!

16. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    FYI, Huelight has released his E-M1 profiles for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 2
  17. opticagent

opticagent Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Any observations on the Huelight profile? I'm new to Huelight and curious of the advantages.
    cheers,
    shawn

18. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    I'm just in the process of trying them but they are excellent. They don't match the Olympus JPEGs but I didn't expect to them. For anyone who has used his before, they are the standard three profiles (low, standard, high) and give color renditions similar if not exact to the ones he has released before. I find them by far the best RAW processing profile so far. A picture of myself is no longer bright red and my kids no longer have jaundice so now the Lightroom flow (in 5.3 RC) is usable.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks Brian for the positive comments.

To clarify Huelight profiles have there own colour signature that is loosely based on Olympus & Fuji colour rendering but is not a 100% match as if it was this would infringe the IP of Olympus and I would get sued!

• Like Like x 3
  20. tetraphoenix

tetraphoenix Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    How go i get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app