Lightroom 4 & SSD

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by dtchan, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Anyone running LR4 catalog and cache on a SSD?
    I'm finding my LR4 is slightly sluggish when moving from 1 pic to the next. It is currently on a 7200 rpm drive.

I have already render them 1:1 preview as well and have also set a side 40gb for the cache.

I have 8gb of ram and a intel core 2 quad q6600. Rendering and exporting to me is acceptable but just when you start working on the develop module, I find it very slow when moving from 1 pic to the other. I want to quickly reject the ones that I do not like. The speed is roughly 2-4 seconds right now.

2. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    I work with a 15" Macbook Pro i7, 8GB Ram, SSD and a 500gb external scratch disc via FW800 and my workflow is lightning fast dont have to wait 4 seconds in between images... maybe your raw images are too massive? or maybe is more of a video card issue rather than a memory/hdd issue?

3. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I think my conditions are much similar to yours before I upgraded to using an SSD.
    That Q6600 without being overclocked is likely to lag a little switching among pictures, but it's still acceptable; 4G ram is enough for general use and any modern low end graphic card should be sufficient for the load too; so it depends on the storage quite a lot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.