1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 4 Problem

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by meachp, Mar 25, 2012.

1. meachp

meachp Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Norton-on-Tees, UK
    Hi all. I upgraded to Lightroom 4 a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I noticed that after importing my shots into it the raw files had disappeared from my hard drive. Fortunately I still had them on the SD card so I re-copied them, re-imported them and again they disappeared - as has every other raw file that has been imported since I upgraded now that I've checked. I've done some more tests this morning and Lightroom 3.6 doesn't do this. Once I've selected the files I want to work on and clicked the import button, if I then navigate to the folder they're in I can see them disappear one by one as they're imported. Anybody else experienced this? And more importantly, know how to fix it? Any help or advice much appreciated.

Edit: They don't appear in the recycle bin!!!!

2. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    At the top of your import window, what setting do you have selected? Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, or Add? When I switched to 4 it didn't transfer my import settings over, but I was moving everything to a new folder system and caught it pretty fast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. meachp

meachp Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Norton-on-Tees, UK
    Brilliant - it was set to Move. Thank you so much. I'm relatively new to Lightroom but don't remember having the same problem with 3.5 when I started using it.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Adobe is famous for changing what the default settings are from version to version.

• Like Like x 1