Lightroom 4 does not recognize new pictures from my E-M5

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by trondkj, May 19, 2012.

1. trondkj

trondkj Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2012
    When I used to import files from the EOS 5D II, Lightroom only added new images on the card/camera to the import. Previously imported images where ignored, only the new where marked for import. The same happens when importing scanned images into lightroom. When importing from the E-M5 card, Lightroom markes every image on the card for import, not only the new ones. Any solution to this, anyone?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In the Import dialogue, in the right column under File Handling, make sure Don't Import Suspected Duplicates is checked. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say. I leave it unchecked and select the files to import manually because I think sometimes the automatic process thinks there is a duplicate when there isn't.

3. trondkj

trondkj Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2012
    Thank you for your answer, Amin, it did work for me. Strange thing, however, is that I have to check this box every time I do an import. For all other cameras I've used, including my folders with scanned images, LR has kept it's setting.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That is strange :confused:.

5. Ari4510

Ari4510 New to Mu-43

May 26, 2012
    Shah Alam
    Hi all, sorry to chip in. On the same subject i have encountered that some of the ORF files from my OMD em5 could not be imported by LR4. In the imported screen it says "previewed is unavailable for this file"

I wonder why . Appreciate your input thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Same thing happened to me last week. Was a major pain in the @$$ to figure out why. Still don't know why all of a sudden LR stopped reading my EM5 files but what I ended up doing was reinstalling LR4 4.1 RC 2 from Adobe Labs. Google it. :smile:

7. Ari4510

Ari4510 New to Mu-43

May 26, 2012
    Shah Alam

Aha..so i'm not alone. Thanks for your input gsciorio.