1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 4.3RC Available: Adds Preliminary Support for GH3, E-PM2, and E-PL5

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by arad85, Nov 8, 2012.

1. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Yes, I'm going for it. I'm very keen to see how my EPL5 Raws perform.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for the heads up - good to see!

Anyone download and get it to work with the Nik plugins? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

5. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    Adobe adds Retina display support to Photoshop Lightroom 4

Adobe adds Retina display support to Photoshop Lightroom 4

:bravo-009:

Adobe's newly updated Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 adds support for HiDPI displays, such as Apple's redesigned 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 is not yet finalized, but has been made available as a release candidate through Adobe Labs. The professional photography software is available as a 410-megabyte ZIP file for OS X.

The distinction of "release candidate" indicates the software has been well tested, but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of Adobe's customers. That means an official, final release of Lightroom 4.3 to all customers is likely coming soon.

6. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Working fine here with Silver Efex Pro 2 plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Just downloaded and installed - thanks for the heads-up.

My DxO FilmPack is still working fine - however my Huelight G3 profiles seem to have fallen off, and I've tried re-installing them but they remain invisible on the drop-down "Camera Calibrations" menu. Any ideas? I think they did the same when I upgraded to LR4.2 but then I was able to put them back. :frown:

9. EJV

EJV New to Mu-43

Aug 29, 2012
    Washington DC USA
    Ed Vaccaro
    As a newbie to raw processing, I decided to try the new Lightroom 4.3. Prior to this, I have just used the ACR plug-in in Photoshop Elements. After a couple of days with this software with shots from my OM-D with an Oly 14-54mm MK-II lens, I can say that I didn't realize just how good the jpeg engine is inside my camera! It has taken me quite a bit of time to get the raw pics to look as good as the jpegs!

Lightroom is a great tool for those who know what they are doing. However, it is not for the faint of heart! I guess I'll have to break down and actually learn how to use it.

10. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Whatever I do in LR I can't get one of my EPL5's Raws to look as good as the Jpeg.

LR was already doing good work on the Jepgs. I have the sharpness in camera set to +1 but the Jpegs stand up to more sharpening in LR, cropping is good in LR, and you can still do other adjustments on a Jpeg. And then there is the cataloguing facility of LR. LR is very useful even if you are not using Raws.

11. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Adobe is quick to come up with this version for the GH3, the GH3 isn't even available yet. :thumbup: So I've downloaded all the raw files (arad85 thanks for posting) and I'm looking at them right now.

12. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    LR 4.3 and ACR 7.3 RC

In addition to LR 4.3, there is also a Release Candidate ACR 7.3, which supports the new cameras.

One word of caution, though (Windows7):

Until now it was possible to place user's camera profiles in either

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

or

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

With the new release, only the second location works!

Moshe

13. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Hi Moshe, do you have an idea what the equivalent of your second "pathway" would be on OS X?
    Thanks, Charles

14. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Sorry Charles, I have no idea how it's organized on a Mac. There must be an equivalent to the 'Users' path.

The instructions for installing 'Huelight ColorFidelity Camera Profiles' say:

Mac OS X: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Moshe

15. DigitalDave

DigitalDave Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    Dumb question, but how do I see that the OM-D Camera Support is being applied in LR after this update?

16. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    If you can open an OM-D RAW file in Develop Module, it's supported!

Moshe

17. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Thanks! I imported the high ISO series from the GH3 and E-PL5 into LR. They look awfully close. Seems that Panasonic is in good shape.

18. DigitalDave

DigitalDave Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    I have been able to open them with no problem. Thats why I am wondering what the difference is with this release candidate?

19. DigitalDave

DigitalDave Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    Aha! The problem is, they did not add a Camera Profile for the OM-D and I though they had!

20. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Good to know (I'd have done it myself, just awfully busy here with work and PBX's). The only other thing to understand is dynamic range - any view on that?

I'm getting more tempted by the GH3 the closer it gets.