Lightroom 4 - 33% Off - Europe

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Wizard Steve, May 25, 2013.

1. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    The full version of Lightroom 4 is 33% off with the code: LIGHTROOM33

I've checked the British, French, German, Spanish and Italian stores so I'm guessing the offer is Europe-wide.

I missed out on this offer when it was running in February. I shan't make the same mistake again.

Offer runs until 29 May 2013.

2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
  3. davidolarte

davidolarte Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2013
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Juan Olarte
    Y U no torrent?

4. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Because LR is one of the few reasonably priced adobe apps, so worth buying rather than stealing!

I really want a Porsche but can't afford one, I think I will go and steal one.

5. davidolarte

May 14, 2013
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Juan Olarte
    That is really different .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mu-43 mobile app

6. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Not sure how its much different to be fair.

Can you explain why you 'torrent' software rather than buy it? Do you feel that you want it but don't want to pay for it?

Anyway, its a really good deal - maybe they will offer you the deal locally, then I don't think its a bad price to go legit with.

Just such a shame I can't torrent a Porsche lol

7. drod400

drod400 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2012
    Michigan
    There's an app for that..

8. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
  9. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    This epedemic of stealing, silence one's conscience.

10. davidolarte

May 14, 2013
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Juan Olarte
    Well, I strongly believe in free share of information, including software. I think piracy is hard to combat, since sharing is on certain people's foundations. However, I really hate people that take advantage on piracy, like those who sell pirated CDs. Torrents share without taking lucrative advantage.

The other argument is that I can barely afford anything. I suppose their target audience is first world photographers with good first world salaries, and that just doesn't fit in my description.

11. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    There will always be pirates somewhere but the scary part is when software/movie/music stealing becomes ok. Just becouse no one sees what ur doing does not make it right, right? And LR4 isnt that expensive. If you want the free stuff, go for gimp or CS2... /The moral police :)

12. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Perhaps these piracy issues have contributed to Adobe's decision to completely pull out of producing and distributing hard copies of their software and are instead going to a subscription only online basis for their products which will involve ongoing monthly costs
    Perhaps it is those who begrudge paying a company for their development costs and wage bills who have led us to a position where I and others will not now be able to go and buy a very affordable software package as a one off purchase that we can use for years !
    I for one cannot afford or indeed justify a monthly subscription to an Adobe product so I will not be using them but I cannot blame the company for going this way
    Think on !
    Rob

13. Wizard Steve

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    I live without what I can't afford. I steal nothing. I pay my taxes. The only debt I have is the one on my house.

We're not talking about food in our babies mouths here, we're talking about world class software that's taken years of R&D to produce. It's not as if there aren't any free alternatives out there.

But I can't judge others. What do I know about the financial hardships of someone who has to buy the silver 45-150 to go with their new Panasonic 20mm and G5 because it's $100 cheaper than the black one.

14. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    OUCH!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

15. davidolarte

May 14, 2013
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Juan Olarte
    I know! Those have been some efforts for me D: but hopefully worthwhile!!!

Also, I don't even know the software you are talking about, Adobe software has never been my top choice :D I use freeware :p

16. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Torrents are not freeware lol, sorry couldn't resist lol

17. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    I've downloaded plenty of legal freeware using torrents.
    It saves on bandwidth costs for the provider of the freeware.

18. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Yes but the comment was aimed at those that clearly think that torrents are a valid alternative to paying for software, ie the reply to the OP deal post.

To be fair though the risk if getting 'amended' software from torrents outweighs bandwidth issues. No reason to get freeware from anywhere other than the official source.

Anyway a great deal for LR for those of you that are happy to support the work that went into it.

19. Wizard Steve

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    As the offer expires today, BUMP!

20. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    If that's the case you should probably use some freeware tools that suits your needs.