1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 4.1 Camera Profile Help (OM-D)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by csnoel, Jun 1, 2012.

1. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    Can someone help me better understand the Camera Profiles in Lightroom. I have downloaded a Camera Profile from this site and I have no problem making changes to my RAW files. My question is, are these changes supposed to be automatic to the images when they are imported? When I pull RAW files from my OM-D SD Card and go to develop, the changed default profile is not listed? I need to manually change it every time. I figured by the screen that comes up when changing the default settings, every time I import an image that was used by the Model "Olympus E M5" this camera profile would be used.

This is not the case with me.

Thanks in advance!

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    If you apply the profile to an E-M5 image while in the Develop module, and then hold the Alt key, the 'Reset' button (bottom right) changes to 'Set Default'. Click it and you should get the behavior you're looking for.

DH

• Like Like x 1
  3. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    That is my problem. I did that and the next time I imported the images they still say "Adobe Standard" for the Camera Profile?

4. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    what i had to do was create a preset that had the huelight camera profile. then when i do an import i select that preset.

5. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    So you could not get that to work either? The strange thing is that I have a copy at work and they open fine. Do you think it might have to do with the profile? I might have a newer profile on this computer?

Thanks