1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 4.1 and Panasonic cameras.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Bryan Mordt, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bryan Mordt

Bryan Mordt New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2012
    Hello to everyone!

I am currently using a Samsung NX210 but I am interested in the upcoming GH3. I have a question related to how Lightroom handles imports of video files. I like to have Lightroom organize files by date folders when importing. When importing images & video from the Panasonic cameras, do all files (video & image) go into the same folder?

The reason I ask is because for some odd reason the video files from my Samsung go into separate folder with an odd year date, while the image files are always placed correctly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bryan

2. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    The images are imported exactly as you specify. Mine go in folders:

year/month-day/photos

where year, month and day are tied to the date the photos were shot.

The GH3 MAY take a while to show up in raw file support. They have released a 4.2 beta which supports G5 but not GH3. This may get into the full 4.2 release - but who knows....

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    LR4.2 is scheduled for October, I think. Don't you believe that you can get your hands on a GH3 by then! You'll be lucky if you get one before Xmas if Panasonic's past behaviour with the GH2 is anything to go by. I'd expect LR to be ready for the GH3 by the time it's in the shops. The G5 was supported by a 4.2 RC version within weeks after it was available, and these Adobe RC (Release Candidate) versions are generally good enough to use them.

4. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    As they say on stock market investments... Past behaviour is no predictor of future behaviour. The G5 was available quite soon after it was announced. The GH3 may well be available quite quickly - who knows. The GH3 may well already be in Adobes hands being worked on for support - it may not.

I am already using the 4.2 RC BTW....

5. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Apart from G5 support, are there new features or improvements in 4.2 compared to 4.1?

6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    • Like Like x 1
  7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    As Arad said, LR gives you a lot of flexibility in how you organize your files. But when I started using LR I already had a file structure / naming convention set up using another tool that LR couldn't quite mimic.

So I continue to use Downloader Pro to copy files from memory cards to my hard disk, into the file structure / naming convention I've been using for years. Then I import into LR without re-copying the files.