1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 3

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by flyby, Aug 12, 2010.

1. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have recently updated to LR3 and like the new features and attributes available. One of the the things I like the most about LR is the supplied presets in the Develop mode which allow you to either try or apply an effect to your image. (Pre-sets are located on the left side of the LR screen in the Develop mode.)

A friend recently shared a link with me to a site called Preset Heaven PresetsHeaven | Your source to free Lightroom presets
    They are also have a page on Facebook which is quite active, also called Preset heaven.com

Downloadable user developed LR presets and tutorials offered are FREE and are quite broad...from B&W to old film emulation..Plus much more.

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thank ya kindly,
    LR has come a long way. I use it all the time.
    I posted a link to a PDF book with links in it someplace on the forum. It's highly recommended to get the book.
    She unlocks the secrets hidden inside.
    Thanks for the preset link.
    Don

3. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Don
    Thanks for your response and info..can you elaborate? Who is the "she" you are mentioning and what is her book called? Where is the link? I tried the link in your post but it takes me to your gallery..observations section. Thanks so much...I love LR and I too use it all the time.

4. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
  5. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    When I get home later, I'll post the link again.

6. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
  7. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Don
    Thanks for the link..just bought the book from Amazon..free shipping! And Don Rock thanks for the info on the other link to LR presets.

8. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Karen,
    Hey, what are friends for....
    If you can get the PDF version and I think she'll give it to you, it's a great desktop resource as you work in LR.....
    I'm happy ya got the book, she's on the same wavelength as you and I..... Get that....
    Gd' night.....