Lightroom 3 Beta-2

CanonDude

Mu-43 Rookie
Adobe released Lightroom 3 Beta-2 today.
This release recognizes the Raw .ORF files from my new Oly E-PL1!!!!!:biggrin::2thumbs:
If it sees the .ORF files from the E-PL1, then surely it can convert the other recent 4/3 camera raw files.

LR3 B2 is free to all at this point in time.

M

mabelsound

Oh wow! I guess it will see E-P2 files then, excellent. No more dng converter!

I only had a few minutes to play with it today, but it is much, much faster than beta 1. I have yet to test out the video functions...can you apply processing to the vids and export the results, or do they only show up in the library?

trisberg

Mu-43 Regular
First beta version was very sluggish and I stopped using it. If the second beta is faster, then that's great news and I'll give it a try again.

-Thomas

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
It seems just a little faster to me. I have to explore more.
It found my existing catalog with no effort at all. Adobe says it won't do that but it did.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Oh wow! I guess it will see E-P2 files then, excellent. No more dng converter!

I only had a few minutes to play with it today, but it is much, much faster than beta 1. I have yet to test out the video functions...can you apply processing to the vids and export the results, or do they only show up in the library?

My version of Lightroom 2 has been reading ORF files from my EP-2 for some time. Have you got the updates?

Cheers

Ray

slau

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you for the news. I have installed the beta 2 which seems to be faster in all area. I really like the new Tethering Capture feature which makes micro-AF adjustment of my Canon lenses a walk in the park instead of PITA. Can't wait to test out the other new features like the new noise reduction and video import. I don't think we can do .MTS file import (at least not yet) but probably works with the Motion JPEG file formats.

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Definitely seems quicker, cant wait to try the new tethering in the Studio :)

M

mabelsound

My version of Lightroom 2 has been reading ORF files from my EP-2 for some time. Have you got the updates?

Cheers

Ray

LR2 recognizes them, but LR3 beta had not been updated to recognize new cameras. And since Adobe doesn't usually offer second betas, I figured I would either have to go back to LR2 or convert my ORFs. I decided on the latter, as I really prefer LR3. So this is good news for me.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
It seems just a little faster to me. I have to explore more.
It found my existing catalog with no effort at all. Adobe says it won't do that but it did.

Adobe says it will find a LR 3 beta library but not a LR2 library. I'm using the Beta 2 on a Windows box, and it's way faster for me compared to the original 3 beta.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Amin,
Your right of course. I haven't used LR2 since the Beta 3 came out.
3.2 is much better. I'm on Macs and the difference in speed is very noticable.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Lightroom Beta

I've just spent 2 days using the new beta. Like others I haven't used it for a while.

I've been very impressed. It seems particularly good at controlling CA, noise and fringing while still producing sharp results. It seems to work very well across the board with the different cameras I use.

With the original beta, the improvements were incorporated into Photoshop eventually & since there is a new version of that about to appear it will be interesting to see if these improvements get absorbed as before.

C

ccmsosse

LR2 recognizes them, but LR3 beta had not been updated to recognize new cameras. And since Adobe doesn't usually offer second betas, I figured I would either have to go back to LR2 or convert my ORFs. I decided on the latter, as I really prefer LR3. So this is good news for me.
Hi there - help me out. I have LR 2.6 and don't want to upgrade to a beta version (yet). Will the DNG converter recognize Raw E-PL1 data, or do I need to use Olympus Master 2 software. Let me know please what best to do as I am getting the E-PL1 tomorrow and then am off to Washington D.C. with the M9, GF1 and E-PL1 - I don't want surprises .... :confused:

C

ccmsosse

Hi there - help me out. I have LR 2.6 and don't want to upgrade to a beta version (yet). Will the DNG converter recognize Raw E-PL1 data, or do I need to use Olympus Master 2 software. Let me know please what best to do as I am getting the E-PL1 tomorrow and then am off to Washington D.C. with the M9, GF1 and E-PL1 - I don't want surprises .... :confused:

To answer my own question ... I got the E-PL1 yesterday and LR 2.6 can't recognize the ORF
So I downloaded LR 3 Beta 2 to use the DNG converter - oh well - it works until I formally upgrade to LR3

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Interesting.....or not?
I'm working some images in LR3 Beta 2 and I went to edit in PS4.
Then a pop up said for full features, I need to update to Camera Raw to 5.7.
Is 5.7 released yet? I don't think so and the Adobe Site doesn't think so either...
what gives....am I missing something?
shooter

alessandro

Mu-43 Regular
LR3 is a beta, so it's not to be expected its files can be fully compatible with other regularly released programs. The fact PS tells that you need a not yet released plugin means it's almost ready and expected soon. Under the cover, PS and LR have the very same engine, and we are going to have LR3 and PS CS5 soon...
Perhaps I'll go back to film.

Latest threads

Top Bottom