1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lightroom 3.5RC now available

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by flash, Aug 23, 2011.

1. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    • Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for the heads-up! So far, so good on both the Win and Mac versions here.

3. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    Is anyone else using this version of lightroom? Im interested primarily in feed back related to G3 raw file support. I recieved in error message in lightroom 3.4 when trying to upload "RAW 2" files taken with the G3, Im hoping 3.5 would solve the problem I'm experiencing but because it's a test version I'm hesistant to download...Was I supposed to format my memory card first??

4. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    The new version, LR3.5RC, loads G3 raw files no problem. I've had no issues with it since installing.

FWIW I always format my memory card after every use. But that's just me. Nothing to do with LR. 3.4 does not support G3 files.

• Like Like x 1
  5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Don't worry. It's not a test version as such. That's a beta. A release candidate is considered to be final code but can do with further feedback. The only change I've ever seen from a RC to the final was the addition of newer cameras. 3.5RC has been around for a while and I'm using it in a production capacity with no problems.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    I went ahead with the 3.5rc download, thankfully the problem with the "RW2" files not showing up in LR3.4 is now gone!... Many thanks StephenL and Flash for your input. :2thumbs:

7. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I've been using this LR beta for the last few weeks after I started shooting with an E-P3. I've downloaded images to it, edited in it, and uploaded from it to Smugmug, all without problems. Before this beta, LR could not recognize the Olympus raw data. I wouldn't hesitate to go with this release version.