Lightroom 3.5RC now available

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by flash, Aug 23, 2011.

1. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    • Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for the heads-up! So far, so good on both the Win and Mac versions here.

3. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    Is anyone else using this version of lightroom? Im interested primarily in feed back related to G3 raw file support. I recieved in error message in lightroom 3.4 when trying to upload "RAW 2" files taken with the G3, Im hoping 3.5 would solve the problem I'm experiencing but because it's a test version I'm hesistant to download...Was I supposed to format my memory card first??

4. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    The new version, LR3.5RC, loads G3 raw files no problem. I've had no issues with it since installing.

FWIW I always format my memory card after every use. But that's just me. Nothing to do with LR. 3.4 does not support G3 files.

• Like Like x 1
  5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Don't worry. It's not a test version as such. That's a beta. A release candidate is considered to be final code but can do with further feedback. The only change I've ever seen from a RC to the final was the addition of newer cameras. 3.5RC has been around for a while and I'm using it in a production capacity with no problems.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    I went ahead with the 3.5rc download, thankfully the problem with the "RW2" files not showing up in LR3.4 is now gone!... Many thanks StephenL and Flash for your input. :2thumbs:

7. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I've been using this LR beta for the last few weeks after I started shooting with an E-P3. I've downloaded images to it, edited in it, and uploaded from it to Smugmug, all without problems. Before this beta, LR could not recognize the Olympus raw data. I wouldn't hesitate to go with this release version.