LightPix Labs Q20

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Repp, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    These are obviously not meant to replace full power strobes, or even the smaller Oly/Panny lights... but with how little these things are, you could have a lot of fun with them. I'm very tempted to fund the project for a pair of them.
    – LightPix Labs

2. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Ya looks like nothing much more than a small flash and a radio trigger. Since there is no TTL and you set up the flash manually, there are dozen and dozen of small flashes you can buy that would work just as well (if not better) plus a generic radio trigger set and probably spend less and not have to wait for it to be developed.

For example, Polaroid PL-108AF Flash for Olympus/Panasonic Cameras is roughly the same thing but when used on your camera it will be TTL compatible. Costs $49 from B&H Photo. I recently bought a nice radio trigger set that works well with on transmitter and two receivers for under $30. And you can get both those RIGHT NOW if you wanted. :)

4. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    I bought the FlashQ triggers on their crowd funding campaign. Excellent products, and great when hiding tiny speedlights within small table lamps etc in roomsets at the studio. I also funded these speedlights too, and was very disappointed they didn't meet their target.

As far as I am aware, they haven't taken the development any further.