Lightning with E-PL1 and Panasonic 14-45mm

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Josh_LSTV, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Josh_LSTV

Josh_LSTV Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    A small storm showed up today with lightning and I thought I'd give photographing it a try using my E-PL1 and Panasonic 14-45. This was my first time shooting lighting with a camera with manual settings, and I'm pretty pleased with the images I got. Especially considering these were taken through one of my bay windows.

This first photo was actually an accident. Was messing about with the tripod trying to find a good composition for the shot, and accidentally pressed the shutter button. Since I didn't have the timer set yet there was a bit of camera shake, but luckily the lightning came out pretty good. Not sure why I was zoomed to 45mm in this shot, but later adjusted it to as wide as I could get without showing the window frame.

P7010511 by Josh_LSTV, on Flickr

After that first photo was taken the storm died down so I got a lot of photos of nothing, or small lightning strikes, but eventually I got this one which also came out pretty good.

P7010568 by Josh_LSTV, on Flickr

Afterwards I realized there were a lot of things I could've done differently so I look forward to the next storm to photograph.
    • Like Like x 5