1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lightning with E-PL1 and Panasonic 14-45mm

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Josh_LSTV, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Josh_LSTV

Josh_LSTV Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    A small storm showed up today with lightning and I thought I'd give photographing it a try using my E-PL1 and Panasonic 14-45. This was my first time shooting lighting with a camera with manual settings, and I'm pretty pleased with the images I got. Especially considering these were taken through one of my bay windows.

This first photo was actually an accident. Was messing about with the tripod trying to find a good composition for the shot, and accidentally pressed the shutter button. Since I didn't have the timer set yet there was a bit of camera shake, but luckily the lightning came out pretty good. Not sure why I was zoomed to 45mm in this shot, but later adjusted it to as wide as I could get without showing the window frame.

7485646632_3d0972eac5_c.
    P7010511 by Josh_LSTV, on Flickr

After that first photo was taken the storm died down so I got a lot of photos of nothing, or small lightning strikes, but eventually I got this one which also came out pretty good.

7485643698_63ba6f03a9_c.
    P7010568 by Josh_LSTV, on Flickr

Afterwards I realized there were a lot of things I could've done differently so I look forward to the next storm to photograph.

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.