lighting art/sculptures

physicsdude

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jan
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind the example shots straight from my phone, but I am seeking some help/tips from you about lighting pieces like the ones in the pictures. It's my wife's work and she is struggling to be happy with the lighting/capturing the pieces in a way that she likes (For example she is unhappy about the missing light/sparkle in the red circle on one of the pictures)
She likes to play with colored filters/colored light bulbs in clamp lights, but finds that she is missing contrast/brightness.

I am interested in your suggestions, when it comes to equipment (my GAS and wish to play with lights myself would not say no either! :) ). I am willing to "throw money at it", would consider to buy used and have a budget of 700-1200 dollars for it (cheaper would be ok too and maybe a good start for her/us). I don't think flashes would be the way to go for her and she would need to see the light sources at all times.

Thanks! ( I have been looking a little around the internet, but have not spent much time reading articles. I'm happy to read up on things)

IMG_20191016_052501.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PXL_20210517_223221819.jpg
PXL_20210508_032440315_2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210413_014220462.jpg
    PXL_20210413_014220462.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 8

physicsdude

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jan
Thanks! I am getting myself a copy of it tomorrow from my public library.
Does anyone have some other insides?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom