1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Light + time - Grand Bazaar, Istanbul

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by nickthetasmaniac, May 15, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Just a teaser from the start of my 5 month Europe trip :wink:

EM5 + Nokton 25mm. For those interested in travelling workflow, this was processed from a RAW file with an iPad Mini and PhotoForge2, then exported direct to Flickr.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickthetasmaniac/8741667518/" title="time by nickthetasmaniac, on Flickr">8741667518_933a303ce2_b.jpg"768" height="1024" alt="time"></a>

2. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Very nice. And I am jealous of your "five month Europe trip."
    At first glance I thought the old man was too buried in the black but the more I stare at the image the more is revealed. The processing makes the viewer work for it. When you do, you realize it is about the serenity of the folded hands.

3. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks, it's pretty difficult getting subtle tones right on the iPad. I'm glad you like it :smile:

4. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Melbourne
    Peter Liakopoulos
    Please, I'd love to see some more of your work in Istanbul. I'll be there at XMas time, can't wait. BTW how are you finding the IPad mini? I'm assuming you have a 64G version? Anyway can't wait to see some more of your excellent work. Thanks in advance.

5. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    H Peter, I have the 32gb, so I only import the photos I want to work with and delete them when uploaded, keeping the originals on SD cards. I wouldn't recommend a travelling kid where you were relying on the iPad for storage.

Generally I'm very pleased. It's compact and very light, especially compared to the full-sized ipad. Speed wise it's fine for basic image editing. My only grumbles are that the screen isn't as bright or sharp as it could be, and I really wish they'd released a top-end model with the Retina display...

I'll be posting a full gallery from Istanbul when I have my next off-day :smile:

6. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Melbourne
    Peter Liakopoulos
    Thanks Nick, I appreciate the feedback.

7. Very cool shot with lots of subtle detail in the shadows.

The thought of processing whilst on the road (and on a tablet) doesn't appeal to me. I loaded a copy of Lightroom on the little netbook computer I am am currently carrying with me on a trip through Central and South America, but have decided to leave everything 'til I get home. I figure five and a half months, hopefully no more than 20,000 images max to sort through...should keep me busy for a while when I get home!

8. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    This appeals to me because I like low key and high contrast images. Thanks for sharing and look forward to more.

9. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011

10. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Stunning image! Thanks for the info about processing on the iPad mini.