1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

LH-49 Hood for 60mm & 52mm Filters

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tradesmith45, Jun 3, 2015.

1. tradesmith45

tradesmith45 Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    Hi, any of you own the retractable hood for the M.Z 60mm macro? Looks like the JJ version retracts like the Oly. I use 52mm filters on most my m43 lenses. So my question about this hood is there enough room inside it for a set-up ring & 52mm filter? All the bayonet hoods I've tried don't have enough room but looks like the sliding mechanism on the LH-49 has more space.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I tried a 52mm filter, and it doesn't fit with the hood on.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    I believe the maximum size that will fit is a 49mm. Just tried one of my 49mm filters and it's no problem.

4. tradesmith45

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    Yes, thanks. The lens OD is listed as 56mm & the hood slides back over the lens. So in theory the hood has an ID >56mm leaving enough room for it to slide over 52mm filters (which are 54mm OD). Do you have a 52mm filter to check if it will go inside the hood?

5. tradesmith45

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    Thanks much!

Dang!

6. tradesmith45

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    Looks like I'm stuck?-:) using my beautiful old Nikon HS-8 metal reversible clamp on 52mm hood. I knew there was a reason for keep that box of junk-:)

7. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    The hood has a 50mm inner diameter on the side that attach to the lens and a wider inner diameter on the other side (54.0 mm). On this end of the hood there is a small border that goes inside and serves to stop the hood when it is pushed back. After this small border the hood is much wider. The height of the border is somewhere between 1mm and 0.8 mm.
    The external diameter of my step-up ring is 54.3mm so there 0.3mm too much.
    Grinding a little the small plastic border on the hood you probably could fit the thing. To remove the hood then you have to remove the filter. You have about 2mm and you have to remove 0.3 or 0.4 hoping that what remain is enough to stop it...

8. tradesmith45

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon

Wow, thanks for taking the time to make & report the detailed measurements!

These mods are easily doable. The likely downside may be w/ the stop ring gone, the hood could slide off the lens bayonet/sliding component.

9. tradesmith45

Dec 13, 2012
    Oregon
    Ok, just looked at the helpful photos of the JJ version over @ Amazon. Might be able to remove the neck ring & yet keep the retraction stop groves.