Let's Hear Your Favorite (or, in fact, any) Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Meh, its okay, but just a fairly competent Hendrix imitation. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if I want that I'll just listen to the real thing.

I can see where the Jamie Cullum version is an acquired taste and not to everyone's liking though.

I think we both agree that the Hendrix version is the best .....
So, even though Jimi's version is not cover version, it's my thread and I'm allowing me to do this, so here is the great man himself doing it live for what looks like a tv show in Sweden -

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I think we both agree that the Hendrix version is the best .....
So, even though Jimi's version is not cover version, it's my thread and I'm allowing me to do this, so here is the great man himself doing it live for what looks like a tv show in Sweden -

This is ironic! I can't see that Jimi Hendrix video because I am in Sweden! :wtf:
Screen print:
1623775861895.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Keeth101

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is ironic! I can't see that Jimi Hendrix video because I am in Sweden! :wtf:
Screen print:
View attachment 893185

The link works for me my friend, just tried it in case anything went wrong. Yes, very ironic.
Must admit, I have clicked on links by others in various threads and they haven't worked for me, it's a YouTube thing unfortunately.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
The link works for me my friend, just tried it in case anything went wrong. Yes, very ironic.
Must admit, I have clicked on links by others in various threads and they haven't worked for me, it's a YouTube thing unfortunately.
Fortunately we have SVT Play archives here in Sweden so I will try to look up that Jimi Hendrix performance later tonight.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I saw Nilufer with her saxophonist and band in DC before the pandemic and she was a revelation; just now catching up on her older stuff and continue to be amazed.

Here Nilufer covers "Hey" by the Pixies live:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom