Let's Hear Your Favorite (or, in fact, any) Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
One we all know and love from Dr Hook (and the Medicine Show) called 'A Little Bit More' .... but who knew that it was originally recorded by Bobby Gosh in 1973.

soundfanz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chris
I'm a huge fan of Vic Chesnutt who sadly took his own life nearly 10 years ago. He released some brilliant original music, but this cover of Dylan's "I Dreamed I saw Saint Augustine" from Dylan's best album (IMO) John Wesley Harding, is better than the original in my opinion.

Last edited:

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
I won't say these are my favourite covers but they are entertaining and go a little way to soften my dislike of that terrible mid-80's dreck that seemed to fill the airwaves.

So, Robert Palmer... turns out he had a much wider ranging catalogue than his big hits would lead you to believe... these still have the slick 80's MTV sheen but the choice of covers is impressive...

Exhibit A - covering Motorhead's 'Eat the Rich'

Original

Exhibit B - covering Husker Du 'New Day RIsing'

(Kind of the) Original - Dave Grohl w/ Bob Mould (singer/guitarist for Husker Du)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Another one I didn't realise was a cover. Definitely prefer the cover to the original but the Deal twins could sing anything and I'd love it.

Cover - The Breeders 'So Sad About Us'

Original - The Who 'So Sad About Us' (always entertaining watching Moon drum)

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
And on the subject of The Who, here is their version of Eddy Cochran's 'Summertime Blues'.
I love The Who, especially everything before the great Keith Moon died.

dglawton

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Don
From an interesting duo. This is a cover of Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion. I liked the whole album.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom