Let's Hear Your Favorite (or, in fact, any) Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Came to Neil Young via the double-live 'Weld' album - the overblown sonics suited the grungy late 80's/90's aesthetic... he's been covered a lot in a variety of different ways

Type O Negatives goth-metal cover is probably my fave. The baritone delivery gives it a great vibe even if it lacks the bite of Neil & Sampedros guitar sound -

Neil Youngs 'Weld' version -

phigmov

A couple of Bowie covers, first is a Motorhead cover of 'Heroes' and then Bauhaus do 'Ziggy Stardust'

The Bowie originals

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't think anyone could say that they don't know this song by Smokie .... but did you know it was originally recorded by 'New World' in 1972.

phigmov

Probably one of the better JD covers out there followed by a few I stumbled across over the years that take things in very different directions. The fact they still work is testimony to the genius of JD.

GvsB - She's Lost Control

Spoek Mathambo

Grace Jones

And theres a Dita Von Tess version on Youtube you can find which is definitely NSFW (and surprisingly not terrible).

The original

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A few years back Mareva Galanter did a cover album of Yeh-yeh classics like Jacqueline Taïeb's amazing 1967 tune on roule à 160 -- Mareva gets extra credit for doing this one Scopitone-style.

rmcnelly

Mu-43 Legend
Just about every Brass Against Cover...

Tool Cover

And the band‘s name is due to their Rage Against the Machine covers, this one is outstanding!

Latest threads

Top Bottom