Let's Hear Your Favorite Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Some really interesting cover versions showing up. Thanks everyone, keep 'em coming.

Could I please ask again - would contributors please tell us who did the original version for reference and for interest. I know many are obvious to us but to others they are not.

Many thanks.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
I really like this version of the Everly Brothers 'Crying In The Rain', sung by A-Ha
There are a few different videos for this song, but I chose this one because it allows you to listen to the music and words while looking at some lovely pictures instead of having the distraction of watching an unrelated video or watching them perform. Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
And staying with the Pink Floyd theme, here is 'Sons Of Apollo's' version of Comfortably Numb.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
You can't have a cover song list which doesn't include this!
Sinead O'Connor singing a song which was written by Prince (real name Prince Rogers Nelson) for a band that he formed called 'The Family' who recorded it in 1985.
Sinead made the song her own with this haunting video.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Siouxsie And The Banshees (back when they included a very young Robert Smith of the Cure) cover Dear Prudence by The Beatles

Last edited:

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Chuck Berry wrote it and had the first hit
Lonnie Mack and his 'Flying V' made the instrumental hit
Johnny Rivers had a kick at it with his version
And here the Mighty Bo Diddley puts his stamp on it with
a live version in Myrtle Beach SC featuring his overdriven Great Gretsch sound -
Work out Work out like a champ with the King -
Just give a listen to that crazy wonderful shimmering rhythm -
The untouchable sound -
The tune is Memphis -

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
WOW! fishtug, that's really going back a bit.

Thanks for the great write-up and background info, especially about who did it previously.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom