Let's Hear Your Favorite Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Speaking of accordians... I'll make this my latest attempt to subvert the concept of "cover"; a song written for X by Dave Alvin (of The Blasters), it's performed here by the songwriter himself... but really it's all about the geriatric accordian player, who makes me think that the Mekons could have totally killed this ditty, with barely detectable irony...

Happy 4th of July to all whom it applies... hope some of you got to see some fireworks (the displays were banned county-wide in L.A.).

Last edited:

Soran

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Dave
Just a lawyer playing in his local pizza place a decade ago. Proved quite successful as he no longer needs to be a lawyer!

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Not a standard cover, it's a mashup of A-Wa's "Hana Mash Hu Al Yaman" with Linkin Park's "Numb/Encore"

(I do not speak Arabic, but if you check the official video of this song (not the mashup) on Youtube with captions - it gives you a translation).

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a fun jam. Haim covering Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well

Fun jam indeed, but I bet that most of the audience had no idea at all what the song was or even that someone else did it never mind who did it (Do any of them even know who Fleetwood Mac is?)
Then again, I could be wrong ;)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom