Let's Hear Your Favorite Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

Rick Waldroup

Mu-43 Veteran

If you have never seen this video, do yourself a favor and watch it to the very end. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

Jcarrith

Mu-43 Regular
Really wanted to include the greatest cover of all time. Of course I refer to Aretha Franklin's cover of "The Weight" by The Band but I can't locate any video of it. Any ideas?

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really wanted to include the greatest cover of all time. Of course I refer to Aretha Franklin's cover of "The Weight" by The Band but I can't locate any video of it. Any ideas?
Here you go -

You probably saw it but it goes by the album name not the song title. Easily missed.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Watched 'Girl with the dragon tattoo' last night - hadn't seen the Fincher version before, just the original Swedish film. Enjoyed the opening track and the way it'd been reworked. Reminded me how much I enjoyed the original used in 'Thor: Ragnarok'.

Cover - 'Immigrant Song'

Original - 'Immigrant Song'

AndyCr

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy Cripps
I've really been getting into the Choir!Choir!Choir! pieces over the last couple of weeks. Here's a couple, Africa, originally by Toto, and Orinoco Flow, Enya. A warning, a couple of swear words at the start of Orinoco Flow

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talking of Ruby Tuesday, the Rolling Stones song and highlighted by Andy just above -

Here is probably (IMO) the best version, and a very different version than what you will expect, done by Melanie on her 'Ballroom Streets' album which was recorded live in the studio with guests as the audience to provide a 'live' feel. No cameras so no video but have a listen, you will be pleasantly surprised. Not a lot of people know about this album but it really is great.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here it is. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom