Let's Hear Your Favorite Cover Versions Of Popular Songs !

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Came to Neil Young via the double-live 'Weld' album - the overblown sonics suited the grungy late 80's/90's aesthetic... he's been covered a lot in a variety of different ways

Type O Negatives goth-metal cover is probably my fave. The baritone delivery gives it a great vibe even if it lacks the bite of Neil & Sampedros guitar sound -

Neil Youngs 'Weld' version -

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't think anyone could say that they don't know this song by Smokie .... but did you know it was originally recorded by 'New World' in 1972.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Probably one of the better JD covers out there followed by a few I stumbled across over the years that take things in very different directions. The fact they still work is testimony to the genius of JD.

GvsB - She's Lost Control

Spoek Mathambo

Grace Jones

And theres a Dita Von Tess version on Youtube you can find which is definitely NSFW (and surprisingly not terrible).

The original

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom