1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lets forget OMD ..Here is my new toy.. :))

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Bhupinder2002, May 21, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys ..
    Bored with OMD OMD OMD OMD and OMD ? So lets change the topic .I wanna share my latest toy with this forum .monster Samsung galaxy note . I never used an Android based phone before and let me admit that apple is 10 years behind than this technology . Its simply stunning and dwarfs iPhone in everything .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here are two pics

P5212607. P5212609.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Is that a phone in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

Sorry, fails the "fits comfortably in my jeans pocket with a bumper case on it" test which my iPhone barely passes. I know there is a niche for everything but the "am I a phone or a tablet" devices just don't do anything for me no matter how technologically advanced they are. YMMV.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    I personally don't like the note. Way too large in my opinion.

Tooo big to hold in one hand and type.
    Tooo big to be just a phone.
    Tooo small to be a tablet.

As for the iPhone. A bit dated but with the 5 just around the corner, we'll see. I still use BB Bold and happy enough for email but man surfing the web is painful. I'm personally waiting for BB10 and iPhone5 to see what direction I will take.

Samsung and Androids in general just seem like toys. Between the 2 in the photo. I'd take an iPhone4/4s over the note.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Is it displaying *three* clocks?

• Like Like x 2
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I heard Apple may be releasing a bigger iPhone, which I find bad news. A customer of mine has one of these. Just a bit big for me personally. but I'm glad you like it!

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    lol -- gotta fill up that big screen with something :rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bhupinder2002

I had same apprehension but this device has surprised me .It fits and sits very comfortably in my jeans ( though my wife will pinch it in next few days I am sure about it) .It looks big but actually grows on u soon . iPhone is boring and has nothing new to offer .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Here is my diagnosis: you are suppressing your photography GAS by refusing the OMD and displacing it onto your phone. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Daozard

Daozard Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2011
    I have the white note. Loving it everyday. It such a great piece of technology. So much can be done with this note.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bhupinder2002

Apple iPhone will have only bigger screen which is 4 inches and thats all . They will have a DELUSIONAL presentation filled with GRANDIOSE ideas and with no INSIGHT about market reality . To be honest android is miles ahead already and Apple will have to do something really special to snatch the lead. I can plug in a USB OTG into this big fella and connect USB flash drive or card reader and suck all the photos in . I have installed 32GB card and its really handy device actually .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bhupinder2002

Hahahahhah :rofl::rofl:

I am adamant on silver OMD with no signs it anywhere . I have cancelled my BH preorder and now waiting for it to surface in OZ ..
    Cheers

12. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I'm sure Android devices are very capable, but they seem so chaotic. Guess I like the buttoned-down look and feel of the iPhone; no need for anything more or different.

But interesting to see what else is out there!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bhupinder2002

I agree and I also like the simplicity of iPhone but again Apple is just offering us four years old OS with minor tweaks with every upgrade .You can tidy up and customise Android and it doenst look chaotic then . I was bored of iPhone actually so accepted the challenge of trying something different .
    Cheers

14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I take all the money that everyone else spends buying smartphones and spend it on camera gear. All I want my phone to do is ring when someone calls me. Enjoy your new toy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bhupinder2002

Ok Luke I will remember it next time .
    Cheers

16. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Actually, market reality is that the iPhone is the No.1 best-selling smartphone worldwide and Apple captures 73% of the profits of the whole cellphone market. I love my SGS II, it's better than the iPhone in some details, but overall my iPhone 4S is miles ahead of the SGS II as a phone.

17. Bhupinder2002

Apple is not number 1 smart phone . Apple makes us feel they are number one . Samsung refused to give details but estimation was they sold nearly 70-80 million phones . I don't have iPhone 4S but there is no major difference between iPhone 4 and this 4S . Now note beats iPhone 4 hands down in every way except I like apple's built quality and app store better .
    Cheers

18. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA

Apple sells about 40 million iphones every quarter. Android as a whole obviously sells more but there is not one single Android handset with sales numbers like that.

Also, a word about Samsung sales numbers. They report sales as units shipped. Which doesn't tell the true number of handsets sold to end users. Apples sales figures are end user sales numbers. Understand also that Samsung's 80 million or whatever phones is sales on something like *13* handsets. Apple sells 2.

Make no mistake, Apple knows what people want. As is evident by the huge sales numbers they post every quarter.

Apple Q1 earnings soar on monster iPhone sales - CBS News

19. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The Note is an idiotic size for me, sorry. Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet.

I guess it depends on what you want your phone to do - I want to browse the web, check e-mail, keep my calendar updated and use a select number of apps. The iPhone works just fine for this. Plus the retina display is still the nicest smartphone (or tablet) screen out there, bar none. Camera's none too shabby either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bhupinder2002

I agree camera is better on iPhone but retina display is totally misleading . I was firm believer of iPhone's superiority but samsung changed my mind .I have been using this for the last one week and Android has district and significant lead over Apple .
    Cheers