Let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Letrow, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Letrow

Letrow Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I am based in The Netherlands. Have been interested in photography for ages.
    M 4/3 has had my interest since the beginning. I mean digital photography is fine, but qualitywise (so far) I always feel like I have had to make amends.
    In my early days I used to take a Nikon FE2 and some lenses along on trips. Great pictures, but heavy equipment and the limitations of film of course. When digital cameras first appeared it seemed to be a big step in comfort, the cameras were so much lighter....great.:smile:
    But the quality was appalling sometimes, compared to film.:mad:

The last few years I have been using a Ricoh GX 200 mainly. Great little camera and acceptable quality. Just recently with all the Olympic and Panasonic 4/3 appearing, it seemed like I had found a good alternative at last.

Seemed...:frown:
    After comparing models (I wanted a viewfinder to have more stability) and reading reviews and looking at prices I settled for a:

Nikon D90 with 18-200mm:eek:

Not quite 4/3, right? But it was the best alternative (and actually cheaper) for the GH1 with 14-140mm lens, which was the only 4/3 that suited all my needs.
    A bit sad, isn't it?
    Great quality though. Heavy to carry around, but I love taking pictures with it and the pics are great.

Still, 4/3 seems to me a very attractive proposal. Panasonic and Olympus don't quite have it all (for me, that is) yet, but there will be more models and then I'll convert. Sony? NO, I don't think so.
    I am hoping for a Nikon model perhaps or a better alternative from Panasonic.

We'll see. Perhaps a GF1 with 20mm to accompany the D90?

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome Letrow! Very glad to have you here as you search for the :43: camera that best meets your needs. I look forward to your involvement - as well as your decisions.:smile:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here !

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey Giday Letrow, Thee needs to get thyself a GF1 to accompany thy D90. Your D90 will enjoy the company and you will too!

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Welcome!!!

I don't have m43 yet either and lean towards GF2 :wink:.
    - I am Dutch living in Japan

6. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Welcome! I'm happy with my pana GF1, but if they release a fancy GF2, I'll buy one. The GF1 body will be a fine backup. :)

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Letrow.

8. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Hoi en welkom! :smile: