Let me introduce myself

Letrow

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everyone. I am based in The Netherlands. Have been interested in photography for ages.
M 4/3 has had my interest since the beginning. I mean digital photography is fine, but qualitywise (so far) I always feel like I have had to make amends.
In my early days I used to take a Nikon FE2 and some lenses along on trips. Great pictures, but heavy equipment and the limitations of film of course. When digital cameras first appeared it seemed to be a big step in comfort, the cameras were so much lighter....great.:smile:
But the quality was appalling sometimes, compared to film.:mad:

The last few years I have been using a Ricoh GX 200 mainly. Great little camera and acceptable quality. Just recently with all the Olympic and Panasonic 4/3 appearing, it seemed like I had found a good alternative at last.

Seemed...:frown:
After comparing models (I wanted a viewfinder to have more stability) and reading reviews and looking at prices I settled for a:

Nikon D90 with 18-200mm:eek:

Not quite 4/3, right? But it was the best alternative (and actually cheaper) for the GH1 with 14-140mm lens, which was the only 4/3 that suited all my needs.
A bit sad, isn't it?
Great quality though. Heavy to carry around, but I love taking pictures with it and the pics are great.

Still, 4/3 seems to me a very attractive proposal. Panasonic and Olympus don't quite have it all (for me, that is) yet, but there will be more models and then I'll convert. Sony? NO, I don't think so.
I am hoping for a Nikon model perhaps or a better alternative from Panasonic.

We'll see. Perhaps a GF1 with 20mm to accompany the D90?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom