1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Letrow, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Letrow

Letrow Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I am based in The Netherlands. Have been interested in photography for ages.
    M 4/3 has had my interest since the beginning. I mean digital photography is fine, but qualitywise (so far) I always feel like I have had to make amends.
    In my early days I used to take a Nikon FE2 and some lenses along on trips. Great pictures, but heavy equipment and the limitations of film of course. When digital cameras first appeared it seemed to be a big step in comfort, the cameras were so much lighter....great.:smile:
    But the quality was appalling sometimes, compared to film.:mad: 

The last few years I have been using a Ricoh GX 200 mainly. Great little camera and acceptable quality. Just recently with all the Olympic and Panasonic 4/3 appearing, it seemed like I had found a good alternative at last.

Seemed...:frown:
    After comparing models (I wanted a viewfinder to have more stability) and reading reviews and looking at prices I settled for a:

Nikon D90 with 18-200mm:eek: 

Not quite 4/3, right? But it was the best alternative (and actually cheaper) for the GH1 with 14-140mm lens, which was the only 4/3 that suited all my needs.
    A bit sad, isn't it?
    Great quality though. Heavy to carry around, but I love taking pictures with it and the pics are great.

Still, 4/3 seems to me a very attractive proposal. Panasonic and Olympus don't quite have it all (for me, that is) yet, but there will be more models and then I'll convert. Sony? NO, I don't think so.
    I am hoping for a Nikon model perhaps or a better alternative from Panasonic.

We'll see. Perhaps a GF1 with 20mm to accompany the D90?

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Letrow! Very glad to have you here as you search for the :43: camera that best meets your needs. I look forward to your involvement - as well as your decisions.:smile:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here !

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Giday Letrow, Thee needs to get thyself a GF1 to accompany thy D90. Your D90 will enjoy the company and you will too!

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Welcome!!!

I don't have m43 yet either and lean towards GF2 :wink:.
    - I am Dutch living in Japan

6. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Welcome! I'm happy with my pana GF1, but if they release a fancy GF2, I'll buy one. The GF1 body will be a fine backup. :) 

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Letrow.

8. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Hoi en welkom! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.