Lester Dine ring/point light

Screamin Scott

Mu-43 Regular
I use a Sunpak made " Lester Dine" ring/point light for my macro shots on my Nikon DSLRs. What is the trigger voltage for the Olympus camera ? Will I be able to use the ring light on it? It's a thyristor unit but has a power slider and has a "Manual", "Auto", and "TTL" switch as well. Not that I could ever use the TTL setting except with older film cameras. I changed out the dedicated foot from Nikon to the old single pin "Standard" foot years ago so that it would work without having to tape over excess pins. I assume it will work just fine on my Oly cameras as they can handle a trigger voltage of up to 24 volts and this unit is less than that. I will get out my trusty old digital multimeter to test it again just to be sure. I also have a Wein "Safe Sync" just in case. Does anyone else here use this unit?

Screamin Scott

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should have mentioned that I have an original OMD E-M10 and an OMD E-M5 Mark II. I was referencing the E-M5II with the ring light.

Screamin Scott

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tested the trigger voltage on the power supply and got 6.74 volts. I had called Olympus and was told the camera was good up to 250 volts but they recommended under 6. Funny though as the FAQ on their site says it's OK up to 24 volts...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom