Lenstip reviewed the Olympus 45mm f/1.2 Pro

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Thanks @Reflector and @wimg .

I just purchased a used copy of this lens yesterday to replace my optically excellent (and ~2 month old) O45 1.8. It's a tough sell because the O45 1.8 is so damn good, but factors like the much smoother bokeh, weather sealing, MF clutch, and improved sharpness all tipped me over the edge.

I had the O25 1.8 as well as the O25 PRO, but once I shot with the PRO I could see all these little improvements that ended up resulting in a more pleasing final image. I'd imagine it's going to be much of the same with the O45 1.8 vs O45 PRO.

wimg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks @Reflector and @wimg .

I just purchased a used copy of this lens yesterday to replace my optically excellent (and ~2 month old) O45 1.8. It's a tough sell because the O45 1.8 is so damn good, but factors like the much smoother bokeh, weather sealing, MF clutch, and improved sharpness all tipped me over the edge.

I had the O25 1.8 as well as the O25 PRO, but once I shot with the PRO I could see all these little improvements that ended up resulting in a more pleasing final image. I'd imagine it's going to be much of the same with the O45 1.8 vs O45 PRO.
If anything, the difference may well be more striking.

IMHO, the Oly 45 Pro is better than the Nocticron, basically because it produces much less pronounced doubling of lines in the background, if you can even see any (I can, but then, I got frustrated with it with the 85L II when shooting with a background reasonably close by :)).

Kind regards, Wim

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
If anything, the difference may well be more striking.

IMHO, the Oly 45 Pro is better than the Nocticron, basically because it produces much less pronounced doubling of lines in the background, if you can even see any (I can, but then, I got frustrated with it with the 85L II when shooting with a background reasonably close by :)).

Kind regards, Wim
Yes, the extremely smooth bokeh is one of the appealing factors of this lens. Olympus appears to have managed to implement some apodization effect, without the associated light loss. Very impressive IMO.

wimg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, the extremely smooth bokeh is one of the appealing factors of this lens. Olympus appears to have managed to implement some apodization effect, without the associated light loss. Very impressive IMO.
Yes, and it si why I like the 25 Pro so much :).

A 45 Pro is in my future ....

Kind regards, Wim

Latest threads

Top Bottom