1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lenstagger - Great Free Lightroom Plugin

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tonyjuliano, May 22, 2012.

1. tonyjuliano

tonyjuliano Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 2
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for sharing this! I was just looking for a way to solve this problem the other day, and this plugin works perfectly.

3. tonyjuliano

tonyjuliano Mu-43 Regular

You're welcome. I have found it extremely helpful.

4. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Too bad you couldn't manual enter this into the camera, just like the focal length for IBIS. Even if you could store 4 or 5 lenses and just pick from a list when you changed lenses would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I had the same thought...I guess the manufacturers don't want to make it too convenient to shoot legacy lenses. The extra hassle might convince some folks to purchase native lenses.

However, I think that perhaps what you are looking for might be do-able with the addition of a Dandelion chip to your adapter(s). I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience with one of these.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Got one on order...want to chip my Fotodiox OM to m43 adapter. Sounds like it presents focal length and a pre-defined aperture value to the camera that gets stored to the file EXIF. Of course it should also fool the body into thinking there's an AF lens attached so the focus confirmation system will function. It is clear that camera software disables this feature by choice when using non-system lenses. There's no technical reason the body focus detection systems need to stop when using non-automatic lenses. The focus sensor still see in or out of focus light...why not keep telling the user about it?
    According to the Dandelion info I read, the latest chip version allows the body to use the "don't release shutter unless in focus" setting. So you can hold the shutter button fully down, then crank the manual focus ring until you get focus confirm...then the shutter releases automatically. Apparently quite useful for fast moving subjects etc.

7. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I bought a hexanon 200mm f/4 that had been adapted using one of those to a regular 4/3's mount. I haven't used it in quite some time since buying the 50-200 SWD...I'll have to mount it up and take some shots and find out.

8. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sorry, I'm an idiot. How do I get LR to see and use the plugin?

Plug in manager just gives error messages.

Wait ...

exiftool has to be in the same folder as LR exe - that fixed the errors.

Actually the data is written into xmp space and not into exif data. Kind of confusing.