Lenses you like to see in the future

Razer

Mu-43 Regular
Which lenses would you like to see Panasonic & Olympus in the Future.

For me it gotta be a good slightly fast standard zoom something like 12-50mm F2.8-F4 just to keep the size down & give decent bokeh.

Primes a 40mm F1.4 or 1.7 is needed mostly for portrait work.
and a 10mm F2.8 for wide angle work

Telephoto hmmmm proberly hard to make a fast zoom and keep the size down aswell.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
slightly off topic - but I would like to see "focus confirm" so that it easier to use MF lenses - i really would prefer to buy CV stuff than any other, (apart from the Leica classics) - as these will always have value - but I am sure my views are only shared by a limited number

At this time in MFT development what worries me is that body progress may just leave certain dedicated lenses behind - and I am not sure that I would want to spend maybe £700+ on dedicated M4/3 glass because of it's link to the camera software
(we are already seeing rumours of a sensor size increase)

just my three penny worth

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I guess I'm one of the few that want zooms, eh. I'd take a 17mm 1.4 prime for carry round, but I'd buy a 14-45 2.8 right now if it existed. I may end up getting the Sigma 4/3version with an adapter and be done with it.

Dj

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
See, unless zoomies are like Canon L lenses, I have no use for them.
Maybe your at 2.8 at wide but your not on the long.
Rubbish I tell ya, rubbish.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
12/2
40/1.4 OIS smaller than the 45 macro now
14-45/2.8 OIS or similar, just constant f/2.8 zoom.

Right now, it seems it won't happen. I will instead just settle for the 14-45 kit zoom

benoly

Mu-43 Regular
12 f2.8 seems very doable. The Pany 14 will be here soon. But I would really like to see a 45 f1.4. Don't know if it could be made without being huge by m4/3 standards.

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
12 f2.8 seems very doable. The Pany 14 will be here soon. But I would really like to see a 45 f1.4. Don't know if it could be made without being huge by m4/3 standards.
Pany 14?? When? Is this confirmed? :smile:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Armanius, yes - the 14mm f2.8 from Panasonic is definitely confirmed... I don't have a date for it, but it must be soon.

Cheers

Brian

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I like a portrait lens around 100mm so, a nice compact 50mm f1.4 would be very acceptable, especially if it could match the quality of image from my Summicron, weigh less and be one third shorter and have a good hood!

Not much to ask for is it?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom