Lenses - still versus video

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If you can afford the Voigtlander lenses then get them! They are very well engineered and manufactured. I wish I had the money to get all of their lenses for m4/3 and Nikon mounts.

Yes lenses from Nikon, Pentax and Canon are good for the most part. There are the odd bad eggs and when buying used you have to make sure to get one that is in good shape. Other good brands would include Minolta, Konica/Hexanon, and Olympus OM.

Since you are looking for cine lenses there is also the Arri PL mount. Several companies make(or have made) lenses for PL mount, the best being Ziess. Of coarse these are top notch Hollywood lenses and cost big bucks! Older used PL lenses can be fpund sometimes however. Just be carefull as PL is used bpth fpr 16mm and 35mm film and some lenses are meant for 16mm only.

Artorius

Mu-43 Regular
My Black Magic MFT has arrived! :cloud-9-039:

I decided to bite my lip and wait to have the camera in-hand before I try anything out with it or purchase any lenses.

Even so, good to know about the T-mount. The degree of detail and variability is a little overwhelming but I think I'm getting the general idea. I was told, thru another forum, that focusing on Canon FDs, Nikon Fs, Pentax K (etc) would be best.

There's a really nice Voigtlander Nokton I'm looking at too but the problem is I'm still a little shaky when it comes to pricing. I can't really distinguish between what's a decent deal and what's not.

From what I've heard, the Voigtlanders are great lenses that definitely deserve their sticker price. However! If you do some looking around you can find them for around $800 used.

Latest threads

Top Bottom