Lensbaby Tilt Transformer on OMD EM-5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TimmerWeb, Dec 10, 2013.

1. TimmerWeb

TimmerWeb Mu-43 Rookie

May 29, 2012
    I have the opportunity to purchase a Lensbaby Tilt Transformer plus Composer at quite a good price. Unfortunately the EVF protrusion on the EM-5 ever so slightly gets in the way of attaching the Transformer.

I was wondering if anyone has tried a little bit of selective filing to the Transformer to allow it to fit,or if anyone knows of a reason why this wouldn't work? (Besides the fact the it will look a bit rough and probably kills any future resale).

-Tim

2. Jeff1:1

Jeff1:1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Chicago
    The lensbaby was designed for the Panasonic GX7 type m4/3 bodies without overhanging EVF. Yeah, you can file a few mm off with varying results. Maybe using a Canikon to m4/3 adapter and putting on a lensbaby for it could give you the clearance needed, but affect image circle onto sensor. Personally, if it didn't fit I'd return it.

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I've installed it on my E-M5s without issue, although I probably install the top first to get it on.

4. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Mine doesn't even come close to fitting on the EM-5.
    Just want to mention this so people don't get the impression that it is just a question of installing it by using some secret method.
    Maybe there are different revisions of the adapter...
    Rudy

5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I don't believe there are probably a case of tolerance stacking.

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Agree! But when I bought it I didn't know this was an issue since I was an early E-M5 adopter.

7. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I plan on filing off the extra material to make it fit and when I do I'll take some pics.

8. TimmerWeb

TimmerWeb Mu-43 Rookie

May 29, 2012
    Would love to see how that turns out. For me I would be buying it used, so I think that would make me feel slightly less nervous about defacing it. :)

-Tim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.