Lensbaby Tilt Transformer on OMD EM-5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TimmerWeb, Dec 10, 2013.

1. TimmerWeb

TimmerWeb Mu-43 Rookie

May 29, 2012
    I have the opportunity to purchase a Lensbaby Tilt Transformer plus Composer at quite a good price. Unfortunately the EVF protrusion on the EM-5 ever so slightly gets in the way of attaching the Transformer.

I was wondering if anyone has tried a little bit of selective filing to the Transformer to allow it to fit,or if anyone knows of a reason why this wouldn't work? (Besides the fact the it will look a bit rough and probably kills any future resale).

-Tim

2. Jeff1:1

Jeff1:1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Chicago
    The lensbaby was designed for the Panasonic GX7 type m4/3 bodies without overhanging EVF. Yeah, you can file a few mm off with varying results. Maybe using a Canikon to m4/3 adapter and putting on a lensbaby for it could give you the clearance needed, but affect image circle onto sensor. Personally, if it didn't fit I'd return it.

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I've installed it on my E-M5s without issue, although I probably install the top first to get it on.

4. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Mine doesn't even come close to fitting on the EM-5.
    Just want to mention this so people don't get the impression that it is just a question of installing it by using some secret method.
    Maybe there are different revisions of the adapter...
    Rudy

5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I don't believe there are probably a case of tolerance stacking.

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Agree! But when I bought it I didn't know this was an issue since I was an early E-M5 adopter.

7. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I plan on filing off the extra material to make it fit and when I do I'll take some pics.

8. TimmerWeb

TimmerWeb Mu-43 Rookie

May 29, 2012
    Would love to see how that turns out. For me I would be buying it used, so I think that would make me feel slightly less nervous about defacing it. :)

-Tim