Lensbaby Tilt transformer for micro four thirds

Timm

Mu-43 Regular
I've been waiting for the rumored Lensbaby for micro four thirds, I thought it was to be released in December but here it is with a new twist.

You can now mount a Nikon lens on the tilt body as well as their usual optics.

Lensbaby - Tilt Transformer

Of course it is more expensive now, it is for micro four thirds so I expected that...:rolleyes:

Jamus

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter Jamus
That is SWEET! I am very tempted.

stanleyk

Too bad for me it's Nikon mount. I have the Composer and Muse in K mount so I guess that will have to do for me. I guess since they are K mount I can't use it with this either.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I ordered the Tilt transformer today. I must have bought 6 or so different Lensbaby's over the years. Plus lots of accessory optics. I spoke with Lensbaby today and they said it works with all optics except the fisheye optic. I should have it by early next week.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ordered the Tilt transformer today. I must have bought 6 or so different Lensbaby's over the years. Plus lots of accessory optics. I spoke with Lensbaby today and they said it works with all optics except the fisheye optic. I should have it by early next week.
Congrats, Lisa !
I'm very curious about your results. Shall you post some ?

C U
Rafael

stanleyk

I'm going to email Kirsten at Lensbaby to see if a K mount is going to be made. They are usually really good about getting back with you. I would guess they will make other mounts at some point. I would buy this but I only have one Nikon lens left from my film days. It's a 50mm f1.8 I use a reversing ring lens. It would be a 100mm on m 4/3 which is really not a great focal length for the Lensbaby.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I'll post some photos once it arrives. I am really looking forward to using it for fall color in a few weeks but I'm sure I'll find somethings to shoot with it before that.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
It will be interesting to see how it performs. The use of the Nikon adapter within it certainly adds a bit of flexibility and I am also interested to see just how useful a 40mm doublet lens would be.

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm sorry, but isn't there already a tilt Nikon-m43 adapter from Kiron on e-bay? I believe it's less expensive than Lensbaby.
I wonder why they're both for Nikon... Maybe there is a technical reason, because it has the longest flange focal distance among most common brands... but then, again, Adriano Lolli seems to do the same for Canon FD.

Jamus

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter Jamus
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe this lensbaby allows for changing of aperture, so you can adjust your depth of field? Maybe that's why it's more pricier? IDK

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I got my new Lensbaby Tilt transformer today, it arrived late in the day so I'll take some shots with it tomorrow with both the Lensbaby composer lens as well as my Micro-Nikkor 55 2.8 .

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Tried out the new Lensbaby Tilt Transformer. A few I call Wacky Lensbaby Flowers and Foliage the really close-ups are with the Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55 2.8 the wider ones are the Lensbaby Composer lens on an Oly EP2.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Briar

Mu-43 Regular
Lisa, the colours are just WOW!! I have no idea what a lensbaby tilt transformer thingy is but after looking at your stunning pictures, I'm off to have a google!!

Timm

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Lisa for posting these awesome shots.
The Tilt-Transformer will be my next purchase for sure, I told my wife I would finish up some household projects first so that will be my reward and motivation to get to work on them.

feppe

Mu-43 Regular
Lisa, the colours are just WOW!! I have no idea what a lensbaby tilt transformer thingy is but after looking at your stunning pictures, I'm off to have a google!!
The colors are post-processing, Lensbaby lenses won't give the over-saturated effect - they will probably give less saturated results than "proper" lenses as the elements are not designed for most accurate results.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Yes but I think it gives one license to go over the edge and not be literal with the image. These actually are very colorful flowers, one of the echinecia varieties is "mac n cheese".

The colors are post-processing, Lensbaby lenses won't give the over-saturated effect - they will probably give less saturated results than "proper" lenses as the elements are not designed for most accurate results.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom