Lensbaby 56mm f1.6 Soft Focus Macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tkbslc, Apr 7, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I think Lensbaby offers a lot of rather weird things that are a tough sell in this day and age of super powered post-processing software. This lens has some really cool effects, but who would pay $500 for a single effect that can be replicated in half a dozen different software offerings?

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

I think that this one is more than a one-trick-pony, though, given that it sharpens up when stopped down and does macro.

$500 buys some pretty nice "real" lenses though.

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    While it does have some interesting characteristics, as tkbslc says, I think it has a lot more appeal for the DSLR crowd than for mirrorless.

For $500, it's a hard sell on Micro Four Thirds. If I want a soft, ultrafast lens, I can get a 55mm/f1.2 Canon FD or Nikon Ai for $300. If I want a macro lens, I can get a 55mm/f2.8 that goes to 1:1 for $100. If I want a fast macro lens, I can get an 4/3 Olympus 50mm/f2 for $350 (or the older OM version for $500).

But if you want a very specific effect (and aren't interested in spreading vaseline on a filter to get it), this can definitely do the job...

5. IvanK

IvanK Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 18, 2015
    I have Konica Hexanon 57 1.2, its pretty much "soft focus" @ f1.2 :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.