Lens thread/mount identification

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by vizion, Feb 2, 2013.

1. vizion

vizion New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2013
    Hi
    I have in my odd lenses box a lens which came from a long departed cine camera which I am planning to test for macro use with a bellows system. It is Wollsenak Raptar 6.5mm f1.9 wide angle.

Here is the problem it seems to have an odd thread mount. Measuring with calipers I get a fraction under 19mm (approx 18.84mm). A C mount is 25.4mm and a D Mount 15.88 so this lies somewhere in between. My guess is it is probably designed to fit into a 19mm or 3/4 female mount.

Does anyone have any idea what this may have been originally designed to fit? I do not have tools to measure the tpi and cannot find a link which has comprehensive information on Wollsenak lenses. This lens was, at a guess, probably made sometime in the 1950s. It would be quite expensive to get someone to make a custom mount - so I hoping to find something to cannabalize!

The Wollsenak is the right hand lens in the attached image.

David

Attached Files:

2. McBob

McBob Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2012
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

From all I can find it should be a D-mount lens. It might be possible that your lens is missing an end piece as the pictures I found show one. Do you have a D-mount camera or adaptor? If so check to see if it will fit.

In any case that lens will be problematic to adapt to m4/3 because it is so small. Even if it isn't a D-mount, it is very small and would have a short registration distance and wouldn't cover the sensor completely. It would vignette very baddly!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.