Lens thread/mount identification

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by vizion, Feb 2, 2013.

1. vizion

vizion New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2013
    I have in my odd lenses box a lens which came from a long departed cine camera which I am planning to test for macro use with a bellows system. It is Wollsenak Raptar 6.5mm f1.9 wide angle.

Here is the problem it seems to have an odd thread mount. Measuring with calipers I get a fraction under 19mm (approx 18.84mm). A C mount is 25.4mm and a D Mount 15.88 so this lies somewhere in between. My guess is it is probably designed to fit into a 19mm or 3/4 female mount.

Does anyone have any idea what this may have been originally designed to fit? I do not have tools to measure the tpi and cannot find a link which has comprehensive information on Wollsenak lenses. This lens was, at a guess, probably made sometime in the 1950s. It would be quite expensive to get someone to make a custom mount - so I hoping to find something to cannabalize!

The Wollsenak is the right hand lens in the attached image.

Attached Files:

2. McBob

McBob Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2012
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

From all I can find it should be a D-mount lens. It might be possible that your lens is missing an end piece as the pictures I found show one. Do you have a D-mount camera or adaptor? If so check to see if it will fit.

In any case that lens will be problematic to adapt to m4/3 because it is so small. Even if it isn't a D-mount, it is very small and would have a short registration distance and wouldn't cover the sensor completely. It would vignette very baddly!