Lens socks/pouches/cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TexChappy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    I've always liked to keep my lenses in either socks/pouches or cases. Anyone else have this peculiarity? What have you found that fits M4/3 gear well? My first target is my Oly 12-50 kit lens.
  2. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    I bought a bunch of iPod socks (no choice, you buy a whole set or you don't buy any) back in the day from Apple. They don't make these anymore, but I found a great use for them.

I only used them sparingly too. Nowadays I don't have an iPod and I prefer my iPhone naked.

The 12-50mm in the sock.
  3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Goodness, I could knit one of those in about an hour.
  4. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
  5. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    I have used op/tech pouches for many years lots of sizes, just the right amount of padding, the lenses fit snugly, they stay closed, great product

on most though I cut off the belt clip since I only use the my camera bag
  6. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I find Crown Royal Bags work awesome.. ty up string.. lint Free.. (the lint clings to the bag) and they are Free as well at most local State Liquor stores.. small, medium and large... the reason they are Free is, Bars buy cases of Crown Royal and the store clerks take the bags off before they deliver the product.. also, Crown Royal reps flood the stores with the empty bags for promotional reasons... just a thought..
  7. jrhodus

jrhodus New to Mu-43

Jun 5, 2012
    I using neoprene can cozies from Walmart. They come in different colors and only cost one dollar. They work great for smaller lenses. Haven't decided how to close them yet. I will probably use a strip of elastic sewn on or Velcro.
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Except that mine are 'free' when I buy the whiskey.