lens recommendations for short films?

Pesca

New to Mu-43
Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback regarding the lenses that I currently have vs ones I should look into getting.

I recently bought a barely used secondhand Lumix G6 (previously had a GH2) and I'm interested in making short films ( interviews, documentaries, random artsy stuff etc..some handheld, some with a tripod).

I've got 3 micro 4/3 lenses at the moment - 20mm f/1.7 Lumix, the 14-42mm Lumix kit lens, 45mm f/1.8 Olympus. I also have a and a manual legacy lens which I plan on keeping around - a Pentax-M 1.7 50mm.

I guess I'm looking for feedback on what lens would complement the 20mm panny and the 45mm Oly for filmmaking. I'm debating whether I should sell the 14-42 kit lens and possibly buy a longer zoom lens. Up until now the main reason I've been holding onto it is because it's the only one of the 3 with OIS. I do a bit of still photography here and there, but my primary interest is in video. I'm on a fairly tight budget, so secondhand is fine. I'm wondering if there's anything out there that might go for $200 or under secondhand that would complement the two prime lenses that I already have (and the kit zoom lens if it's worth holding onto).

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would say 'something stabilised'. As for focal length, that depends on how you like framing your shots...

Lobbamobba

Mu-43 Veteran
I think your pretty covered with focal lengths. If you want something longer a 60/2.8 from Sigma is nice and cheap.
Another way to go is adapter and get some really cheap Minolta lenses.

Latest threads

Top Bottom