lens recommendations for short films?

Pesca

New to Mu-43
Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback regarding the lenses that I currently have vs ones I should look into getting.

I recently bought a barely used secondhand Lumix G6 (previously had a GH2) and I'm interested in making short films ( interviews, documentaries, random artsy stuff etc..some handheld, some with a tripod).

I've got 3 micro 4/3 lenses at the moment - 20mm f/1.7 Lumix, the 14-42mm Lumix kit lens, 45mm f/1.8 Olympus. I also have a and a manual legacy lens which I plan on keeping around - a Pentax-M 1.7 50mm.

I guess I'm looking for feedback on what lens would complement the 20mm panny and the 45mm Oly for filmmaking. I'm debating whether I should sell the 14-42 kit lens and possibly buy a longer zoom lens. Up until now the main reason I've been holding onto it is because it's the only one of the 3 with OIS. I do a bit of still photography here and there, but my primary interest is in video. I'm on a fairly tight budget, so secondhand is fine. I'm wondering if there's anything out there that might go for $200 or under secondhand that would complement the two prime lenses that I already have (and the kit zoom lens if it's worth holding onto).

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would say 'something stabilised'. As for focal length, that depends on how you like framing your shots...

Lobbamobba

Mu-43 Veteran
I think your pretty covered with focal lengths. If you want something longer a 60/2.8 from Sigma is nice and cheap.
Another way to go is adapter and get some really cheap Minolta lenses.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom