Lens Pouch Suggestions for Olympus m43 Primes

raceyourself

New to Mu-43
Hi all. I have a few m43 Olympus primes (17/25/45) that I use interchangeably (plus a 12-40mm f/2.8 and 20mm). There's more than enough space in my camera bag but only three compartments so I'm looking for a lens pouch that's small for an Olympus prime. Preferably padded so I can dump a few prime lenses in my camera bag and they're still protected. Thanks!

CiaranCReilly

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ciaran Reilly
Have a look on eBay for "neoprane lens pouch", I have a few different ones from there. Another option is to have a poke around a large camera store, they could well have things like that floating around. Panasonic's lens storage bag usually supplied with the 20mm is very nice but pricey and won't fit my 45mm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Dave Lively

Mu-43 Regular
I use the foldover neoprene pouches from Optech. The smallest size (251) is a snug fit for the 45mm with the hood reversed but not overly large for the lens with no hood. The size 253 pouch fits my 60mm macro like it was made for it. You can order them from B&H or Amazon for about $10 each. You might be able to find something cheaper on ebay but these are already so inexpensive that searching for cheaper alternatives did not seem worth the few extra minutes it would have taken.

The pouches work well. They are light and provide some padding without being overly bulky. Like any neoprene pouch with a tight fitting cap they will trap moisture so I would not use them for long term storage. I prefer the foldover type because they seal up better than the drawstring type. I read reviews where a couple of people dropped their lens into water while it was in the pouch and they kept the lens dry. Since I use these when hiking the extra protection from the elements is important. I am not planning on dropping a lens into a creek but rain happens.

fin azvandi

Mu-43 All-Pro
Another thing you might consider is to glue 2 rear caps together (back to back, obviously) - that way you can "stack" 2 primes in one compartment and not worry about them scratching against each other.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I've been using the pouches from old travel computer mice. Some are neoprene, some just have a soft lining.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

raceyourself

New to Mu-43
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! My 20mm doesn't have a pouch so I'm using a small camera pouch I got from a Daiso. The Optech 251 looks perfect, will try it out for my 17mm/25mm/45mm. Thanks!

Freddyfish

New to Mu-43
I have discovered that beer coozies make wonderful lens pouches and they are free every where

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
I use the foldover neoprene pouches from Optech. The smallest size (251) is a snug fit for the 45mm with the hood reversed but not overly large for the lens with no hood. The size 253 pouch fits my 60mm macro like it was made for it.

The pouches work well.
+1

I use them for my small primes and also for my 75/1.8.

Appropriate protection without being bulky.

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom